Saturday, May 16, 2015

Do I Know How To Keep A Resolution Or What?

Hey everyone, remember me? Yeah it's been a while, and I'm really sorry about that. When I said back in January that I wasn't going to put as much pressure on myself to blog regularly, I didn't think I'd wait 5 (almost 6) months to post something. Those of you who follow me on FB, Twitter, and Instagram (karenpokras_author) ... (you do, right?) know I haven't just been sitting around doing nothing... I've been busy finishing up the last book in the Whispered Wishes series: WOVEN WISHES and am excited to announce that they're all out in print now!

But, I'm not just here to talk about me... me,me,me,me,me,me,me,me ( oh right, sorry). I want to tell you about some of my friends who have exciting news for your middle grade readers:

1. JOSHUA AND THE LIGHTNING ROAD, by DONNA GALANTI 
I.cannot.wait.to.read.this.book. .... Got that? It not only looks fabulous, but the author is a dear friend and amazing person. And she wrote the book for her son Joshua, who is equally amazing. It officially comes out on the 19th, but you can pre-order it now.



Twelve-year-old Joshua Cooper’s grandpa has always warned him about the dangers of lightning. But Joshua never put much stock in his grandpa’s rumblings as anything more than the ravings of an old man with a vast imagination. Then one night, when Joshua and his best friend are home alone during a frightful storm, Joshua learns his grandpa was right. A bolt of lightning strikes his house and whisks away his best friend—possibly forever. To get him back, Joshua must travel the Lightning Road to a dark place that steals children for energy. But getting back home and saving his friend won’t be easy, as Joshua must face the terrifying Child Collector and fend off ferocious and unnatural beasts intent on destroying him. In this world, Joshua possesses powers he never knew he had, and soon, Joshua’s mission becomes more than a search for his friend. He means to send all the stolen children home—and doing so becomes the battle of his life.

2. THE SECRET FILES OF FAIRDAY MORROW by JESSICA HAIGHT and STEPHANIE ROBINSON
This book (in case you haven't noticed) is all over my blog (and Millie's blog). That is because I absolutely ADORE IT (and its authors). And I'm so over the moon excited it is finally available for pre-order!


Fear Not the Unexpected. Eleven-year-old Fairday Morrow is less than thrilled that her family is moving thousands of miles from civilization to the quiet country town of Ashpot, Connecticut, where she’s absolutely certain she’ll die of boredom. As if leaving New York City and her best friend, Lizzy, the only other member of the elite Detective Mystery Squad (DMS), weren’t bad enough, Fairday is stuck living in the infamous Begonia House, a creepy old Victorian with dark passageways, a gigantic dead willow tree, and a mysterious past. Before she can even unpack, strange music coming from behind a padlocked door leads Fairday up a spiral staircase and into a secret room, where an ancient mirror, a brass key, and a strange picture of a red-haired lady are the first in a series of clues that takes the members of the Detective Mystery Squad on an amazing adventure.



You can never have enough books … Happy Reading Everyone!!

Xo
Karen

********


Don't forget - for the latest book news, sign-up for my newsletter!







4 comments:

  1. Karen, thanks for the lovely words about Joshua and the Lightning Road (and the real Joshua!). I LOVE LOVE that I am on the same page with THE SECRET FILES OF FAIRDAY MORROW and just pre-ordered my copy and can't wait to read! Welcome back to the blogging universe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ....and that comment popped off before I could say - CONGRATS on finishing the WOVEN WISHES series and having it out in print. I know I've said it before, but I adore these covers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karen, Thank you so much for mentioning THE SECRET FILES OF FAIRDAY MORROW, and it's awesome to be on the same page with JOSHUA AND THE LIGHTNING ROAD too! Congratulations on finishing the Woven Wishes series! You're amazing. :) ~ Jess

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the completion of the Woven Wishes series. How exciting! I look forward to reading it!

    Thanks so much for sharing The Secret Files of Fairday Morrow with your readers. What a lovely surprise. :) I read Joshua and the Lightning Road and readers are in for a treat!

    Wishing you the best of luck! Have a wonderful day. :)

    ReplyDelete

For the latest book news, sign up for my newsletter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...