Saturday, January 3, 2015

My Annual New Year "What I Maybe Will Accomplish This Year" Post

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

I'm a list person. I always have been. One of the lists I keep is the list of books I want to write and publish each year. So far, I've done a pretty good job with meeting my goals. Maybe it's because this list is on a white board hanging above my desk in my office, but more likely, it's because my muse (thankfully) has been in overdrive. I still can't believe I wrote and published five books in 2014. My 2015 list is just as packed, and if I can squeeze it in, I've got two book ideas for my 2016 list I wouldn't mind getting to early.





However, despite writing and publishing like a fiend this year, I still feel like I did not accomplish enough.  There was not enough time to write blog posts. There was not enough time spent marketing. There was not enough time to read trade publications and craft books. There was not enough time to attend conferences. There was not enough time to work on my website. And believe it or not, I did not have enough writing time (I so wanted to finish that sixth book!)   Can we say Type A personality?

Since no one has figured out a way to add hours into the day yet (WHO IS WORKING ON THIS, AND WHEN CAN I EXPECT IT TO BE FINISHED?) I have begrudgingly decided that my New Year's resolution is to give myself a break. ...

So here is my "maybe I will accomplish this year, but it's okay if I don't" list:

1. Write more blog posts
2. Share more of my colleague's blog posts
3. Attend more conferences
4. Write more press releases
5. Schedule more blog tours
6. Use Facebook less and Twitter and other social media more
7. Put out more newsletters

There ... now that the pressure's off, I feel much better. Oh, who am I kidding. I'm off to go figure out how to fit all this and more in. Have an awesome 2015!!



*******
www.karenpokras.com




Don't forget - for the latest book news, sign-up for my newsletter!







1 comment:

  1. Great post. Thank you very very much.This article is efficient. Thank you for sharing it with us. I am visiting this
    blog on a daily basis and I am finding so much helpful article each time.
    Keep working on this and thank you once again.Do you know about adultrian.
    xnxx

    ReplyDelete

For the latest book news, sign up for my newsletter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...