Monday, December 30, 2013

The End of a Series or Just the Beginning?

I'm sitting in my writing group - crying. No, they're not being mean to me - just the opposite actually. This group of woman I've been writing with for quite some time now has been extremely supportive. We bounce ideas of each other, celebrate good news, offer support when we I receive rejections, drink coffee, eat snacks, and of course, write.

So why am I sitting here teary eyed? Well, I just typed "The End" on my latest project - my last Nate Rocks book - Nate Rocks the City.

"Are you sure it's the last?" someone asked.

"Yup."

It's time for me to say goodbye to a good friend - one of my babies. When we first me he was only 10 years old and in fourth grade. Now four books later he's 11 and in fifth grade.

We've been through a lot together - a crazy family, rescuing the earth from impending darkness, dinosaur attacks, a crazed classmate, and most recently ninja pigeons and aliens. He's been a lot of fun to be around and at times he hasn't always behaved, but hey, what can you expect from a tween?

Even though I'm saying goodbye, a part of Nate will always be with me. He's taught me a lot about what it means to be a hero, keeping me laughing and entertained every step of the way.

Thank you Nate for everything. I hope you continue to show kids the one thing I truly intended when I started writing your books: READING ROCKS!

Rock on Nate!



HEY NEW YORK - ARE YOU READY FOR NATE?  
The Final Installment - COMING FEB 2014:



***********

1 comment:

  1. I love Nate and I can only imagine how hard it is to say goodbye to a dear character who you have been working with for so long. I know you will still hear Nate's voice in your head. Reading does ROCK!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

For the latest book news, sign up for my newsletter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...