Sunday, December 1, 2013

So There's This Game Called Football...

photo credit: graphistolage via photopin cc
For the last I don't even know how many years, football season has meant two things -

One: I lose my spouse to football games, and
Two: football makes for great background napping "music" for me.

But something strange happened this year. Oh football season started out just like every other season. My hubby and I took our positions on the couch. He yelled at the television (because as you know - the players could hear him and would of course promptly run faster, catch the ball, throw the ball or do whatever other instruction he was screaming) and I comfortably dozed.

However, somewhere along the way, in between naps, I started becoming  - um - interested. Trust me - I was as surprised as anyone.

photo credit: GioPhotos via photopin cc
It started as little peeks over my laptop as I worked. A question here - a question there. But then I noticed I was only working on the commercials, that I was actually watching... with interest... that football no longer put me to sleep.  Dare I say I even enjoyed watching it?

Okay, okay let's not get ahead of ourselves here. But I will say this - I do find it entertaining, particularly college football (HOLY COW AUBURN!)

I'm still on the fence about the NFL, and I'm definitely NOT at the point of yelling at the TV yet, but looks like I'll have to find another time for my naps. Luckily, I still have basketball season.



*********************

Sign up for my newsletter!


2 comments:

  1. It's amazing how quickly it sneaks up on you. I grew up in the heart of the Michigan-Ohio State rivalry (GO BLUE!) and at the very least always watched that game. Now, I pay extra in NY to catch every single game and have taken up the NFL. My throat is still a little sore from screaming at the TV all day Saturday... :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it funny how we can become entertained by things we once thought we didn't like? I am sure your husband will be happy to have you watching some games with him! I still haven't caught the football bug, but my husband would like it if I did!

    ReplyDelete

For the latest book news, sign up for my newsletter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...