Thursday, December 12, 2013

Author Spotlight: A.B. Shepherd




It's been a few weeks since I've done an Author Spotlight, but I couldn't let my good friend A.B. Shepherd's new release pass without having her back on my blog! You may remember her from her 1st release, Lifeboat (which I loved by the way!) Well, now she's got a new book out, a novella, called "The Beacon." I had an opportunity to read it - here's my review:



The Beacon tells the tale of a woman shipwrecked on an island. She finds herself rescued in a home (a lighthouse really), taken care of by a woman who carries her own burdens. Yet, is she real? Are her burdens real? I read The Beacon in one evening - in one sitting actually, and not because of its novella length. I honestly couldn't put it down. Even after I finished, I found myself sitting for an extended period of time thinking "wow." The Beacon reminded me of a Twilight Zone episode - it was intense and awesome.

A.B. Shepherd tells a masterful tale that not only tackles tough topics, but had me questioning dreams from reality long after the story ended.



Rafflecopter Code:
a Rafflecopter giveaway


Blurb:
This novella contains discussion questions making it ideal for book clubs.

A book that will leave you questioning what you believe.

Shipwrecked on an isolated island...

How far would you go to help a new friend? Would you kill someone?

How do you know what is and isn't real?

When The Beacon beckons safe harbour isn't guaranteed.

Buy link: Amazon

About the Author:
"Never stop dreaming or reading." - A.B. Shepherd
A.B. Shepherd grew up in Lansing, Michigan, but moved to Australia in 2009. She now lives in the Limestone Coast region of South Australia, with her husband and their imaginary friends. She can usually be found seaside at Port MacDonnell, or lost in a fantasy world.
Lifeboat is her debut novel.


Her second book, is a novella titled The Beacon.


If you'd like to learn more about A.B. Shepherd please visit her website at http://www.abshepherd.net/


A.B. loves to hear from readers. Feel free to email her at TheRealABShepherd@hotmail.com with your thoughts regarding her books, or anything else that takes your fancy.


You can also connect with her on Twitter @ABHPShepherd and on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/pages/AB-Shepherd/336336493057737.


Thanks for stopping by A.B!

*********************

Sign up for my newsletter!


No comments:

Post a Comment

For the latest book news, sign up for my newsletter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...