Monday, September 16, 2013

Celebrating Womanhood: The Power of Friends

Every year has its ups and downs, and while this year isn't over yet, I can honestly say that this year in particular had some very extreme ups and some very extreme downs. My "downs" were something I would not wish upon anyone and never want to re-live.

The situation was something I really didn't think I would get through ... but I did, thanks to the amazing women in my life. That's not to say I didn't have supportive men in my life as well, because I did, but there's something about women. Something I really didn't understand about women until this year: Women get women. I don't know how else to describe it. We get the emotion and the passion and the day to day stuff that we all go through - and we seem to have our own "spidey sense" when someone we love needs us - and we do what we need to do to help that person.

Living, Learning, and Loving Life


Of course there is family, and I appreciate everything my family does for me - they go above and beyond. However, the woman I'm talking about today are not relatives. They have no blood or other familial obligation to help in a time of need. Their support is purely friendship driven.

I never felt like I had a lot of girlfriends before - this year showed me just how wrong I was, and I am very blessed by the amazing women friends both near and far who are a part of my life.

These women picked me up, took me out, checked on me incessantly, ignored their own families - texting, calling, visiting, emailing, and doing everything in their power to make sure I was okay and got through each day in my darkest moments. They held my hand, lent me their shoulder and ear, and supported my decisions. They never once judged or questioned me. They only gave me love.

To these amazing women that I am so lucky to call friends: You know who you are - I love you with all of my heart, and I am eternally grateful. I would do the same for you any day. I celebrate you!

Women Rock!

Visit Living, Learning, and Loving Life for more Celebrating Womanhood posts and thank you for being part of this great event!



************

http://bit.ly/KPTbooks



1 comment:

  1. I love to hear about women lifting each other up! And I'm honored to call you a friend. Thanks for participating in the blog hop!
    http://www.livinglearninglovinglife.com/2013/09/you-are-an-inspiration.html

    ReplyDelete

For the latest book news, sign up for my newsletter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...