Friday, August 16, 2013

The Return of the Friday Five: 8-16-13

Hey all... it's been a long while since I've done one of these, but since I've spent the last year telling you about some amazing authors, I thought I'd take some time to give you a little update on yours truly... (after all, it is my blog!)  Don't worry - the Author Spotlight will return next week. I'm currently scheduling Authors for fall and winter dates, so if you would like to be highlighted on my blog, please contact me!

So.... here are five things that are going on with ME :D

1. CHASING INVISIBLE.  Thank you to everyone who has purchased, read, and reviewed my debut adult contemporary novel. I'm truly blown away by the positive feedback I've gotten. This was not an easy novel for me to write, as it was WAY out of my comfy little middle grade kids' zone. But I'm glad I did. For those still wanting to pick up a copy - it's your lucky day! My publisher has it on sale for just a few more days for your Kindle and Nook (or you can use the apps if you don't have the actual device)



Kindle:http://bit.ly/CIamazon - Nook: http://bit.ly/CInook


2. PIE. Once Chasing Invisible wrapped up, I walked ran back to my comfy middle grade kid zone to work on a new kids' book called PIE AND OTHER BRILLIANT IDEAS:

When ballet lessons prove too costly in a new town, Georgie spends her time baking pies to bring to her grandmother at the Willow Lakes Nursing Home. There she meets Eve who inspires Georgie with stories of having danced with a world famous Russian ballerina many years ago. As Georgie and Eve’s friendship evolves, their tales intertwine in this feel good story showing dreams really can come true.

Coming in September...

Do you want to see the cover? The head on on over to my FACEBOOK page where I'm doing a cover reveal once jigsaw puzzle piece at a time.

3. MILLIE. It's been a while since we've heard from Millie. Well - she kind of got in a little trouble this summer and was grounded. Her parents FINALLY let her have her computer back and she started blogging again. Today she's doing an interview for the Character Book Club. You should definitely stop by!



4. AUDIO.  BIG NEWS!  I'm going to be releasing two new audio books this fall! Both Nate Rocks the School and Millicent Marie is Not My Name will be joining Audible.com's library. I've been listening to my narrator's work and so far they sound great! I think you're going to love hearing these characters come to life! The best part is that they auto sync with the kindle versions - how cool is that?




5.AWARDS. It's that time of the year again, and two of my books are up for some awards! Millicent Marie is a finalist for pre-teen literature in the Global e-book awards (to be announced August 19th) and is a finalist for a Readers' Favorite Book Award in the pre-teen category (to be announced September 1st) and Chasing Invisible is a finalist for a Readers' Favorite Book Award in the Fiction - Drama category. Stay tuned for further announcements...














So what do you think? Do you like the return of the Friday Five? I can't promise it will be back every Friday, but you just never know when it will pop back in.

Have a great weekend!

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

For the latest book news, sign up for my newsletter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...