Thursday, July 25, 2013

Author Spotlight: Katherine Polillo

Hey everyone! Today's author spotlight is author Katherine Polillo.   - Katherine is an author I've gotten to know over the past few months as part of my publishing group. When not busy teaching high school students or remodeling her kitchen, Katherine is busy writing.  She just released her second novel called Devoted & stopped by (virtually of course) to chat with us today.

Welcome Katherine! Tell us a little about Devoted.

Devoted is the follow up release to Destine. This is book 2 in The Watcher’s Trilogy and Michelle, Cami, Alex, and Gabriel are back for more. The characters have grown and matured into young adults in this book bringing along with it more mature and adult decisions and situations. Now that they are no longer in high school the plot possibilities open up and we really get to know whom the characters are in a real way.

Sounds cool! You mention this is a trilogy. When do you expect the third book to come out?

I am currently working on the final book in the trilogy Destruction. It isn’t due out till 2014, but I can tell you that there are several new characters I can’t wait to introduce to my readers.

I'm sure they are excited to hear that. One question people always ask me that I still answer - who me? :  When did you first consider yourself a writer?

I still don’t consider myself a writer. I love to write, and I wish I could have the confidence to announce to everyone that I am a writer, but alas I just feel like a fraud whenever I say it. Hopefully the day will come soon, I’ll keep you posted.

Glad I'm not the only one - but I totally consider you a writer!! So between teaching and cabinet painting, when and how do you find time to write in your daily life?

This is the biggest challenge I face, between work, family, school, and daily life writing often gets pushed to the back burner. I wish I had the ability to forgo sleep and stay up and write all night but that makes for an unpleasant situation when I have to deal with humanity the next day. I often find myself having to schedule time to write, and force myself to hold to that schedule. I have forgone outings with family and friends, not because I didn’t want to participate but because I had to make time for writing.

One of these days we'll figure out a way to add more hours to the day! Any advice to aspiring writers?

Just sit down and do it. The hardest part is putting the words on paper, but remember nothing you write is final, everything can be tweaked or deleted. Maybe you wrote something and a week later you want to change things around, that’s great, at least you put the idea on paper. You’ll be amazed at how when you clear one scene from your imagination how two more just pop right in to take its place.

Great advice! What would you say is your interesting writing quirk?

I doubt that drinking my body weight in coffee is really a quirk, but it’s the best I’ve got.

Ha! I think we have the same quirk! Who is one of your favorite characters that you have written? 

I really enjoy writing Alex my main male antagonist. Just when I think he can’t get any more evil he goes and proves me wrong. It’s fun to write someone so deranged that no conventional boundaries of society stop him. Although there is a character in Destruction that I’m really enjoying writing, but no spoilers yet you’ll have to wait till 2014 for that!

Aw come on now - just a little hint? No? Okay - let's move on then... As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?

I refuse to admit that I’ve grown up, but I at one time desperately wanted to be a paleontologist. I have a pretty serious obsession with dinosaurs, and Jurassic Park came out when I was 10 and just rocked my world. I still would probably run away from home if given the chance to go dig up dinosaur bones.

Very cool! Who is your favorite super-hero and why?

Iron Man because he doesn’t waste time dealing with that whole secret identity non-sense. He owns it and deals with the consequences as they come. Although I enjoy the Hulk as well, misunderstood with anger issues, he’s just begging for a woman to try to fix him.

LOL! Yes to both of those descriptions!! Cats or Dogs?

Cats because they are more self-sufficient. I love all animals but my life is too busy to run home and let the dog out, or schedule doggie day care. My cats provide companionship when they feel like it and than rarely notice my absences when I’m not. I have two, Lynx and Alice. I was told this is the limit before you start to hit crazy cat lady territory.

Thank you - I have two. I thought I was venturing into crazy cat lady, but you have validated that I am not. Katherine has spoken. Now the all important question: PC or Mac?

Mac, this is too obvious to explain. Come on everyone get with the program!

INDEED!! You have appeared to have passed all my tests. Is there anything additional you want to share with the readers?

I want to thank anyone who has not only taken the time to read this post, but also stopped and purchased Destine and/or Devoted. Without your support and feedback I wouldn’t have the confidence and drive to continue writing. I wrote Destine and waited to see if people wanted more before diving into Devoted. I had three books planned, but wasn’t going to pursue writing if no wanted to read what I wrote. Thankfully and surprisingly I got people begging for book 2 and more of The Watcher’s Trilogy. Again thank you, truly I would not be able to do this without you.

THANK YOU KATHERINE!!



ABOUT KATHERINE POLILLO


Katherine Polillo originally planned to grow-up and become an archeologist. Unfortunately the desert air dried out her skin, the dirt was impossible to get from under her fingernails, and she just couldn’t pull off a fedora like Harrison Ford. So instead she pursued a career in education. She currently teaches high school history and special education, while fabricating fictional stories in her free time. She never really outgrew her imaginary friends stage, and instead has created lives and stories for the creations of her imagination to live in. When she is present in reality and not off on an adventure with her imaginary friends, she lives in a small, New Jersey town with her husband, the man to which all fictional leading men are compared, and their two spoiled rotten, ungrateful cats.

CONNECT WITH KATHERINE ONLINE:

Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17906163-devoted?ac=1
Facebook- https://www.facebook.com/WatchersTrilogy
Twitter-https://twitter.com/KPolillo


Now available Devoted (The Watcher's Trilogy #2) by Katherine Polillo





Can love conquer all? 
Michelle has managed to survive high school against all odds, but now she finds herself floating adrift in “the real world”. With two horsemen defeated, there are still two unaccounted for, and surely they are plotting her immediate demise. Michelle leaves her small New Jersey town behind to venture off west. Barely able to comprehend her role as humanity’s savior she now has to grapple with some new roles and identities. With her Watcher, Gabriel, by her side she must again face the evils of Hell and attempt to keep her family safe. Will love conquer all or will till death do us part come too soon? 

Buy Devoted at Amazon, B&N, and Smashwords


Devoted Tour




a Rafflecopter giveaway




A GWR Publicity event paid for by Anchor Group Publishing. Giveaway is sponsored the author who responsible for delivery of prize pack.


*************




No comments:

Post a Comment

For the latest book news, sign up for my newsletter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...