Thursday, June 6, 2013

Author Spotlight: Amy Richie

Hey everyone! Today I've got a fellow Anchor Group author - Amy Richie! Amy writes fabulous fantasy stories, and I'm so excited for you to meet her.

Hi Amy! Please tell us about your current release. Sapphire City is my latest book. It is a tale about a young girl named Stella Shaw who has just discovered that she may or may not be a mermaid.

I love this cover! What inspired you to write this book? I love fantasy style stories, they are my favorite to read and to write. I already have a vampire series and a werewolf series, so I figured I needed a mermaid one next!


So what comes next for you? I am writing the second part of Sapphire City, called Ruby City. I just love Stella and there are nights when she keeps me awake for a long time telling me her stories. I'm not sure I had a choice but to write it.

My characters do that to me too! When did you first consider yourself a writer? Sometimes I still don't know if I do. Haha! I just do what I love to do, tell a story.

Yes - I know exactly what you mean. When and how do you find time to write in your daily life? Well, I have three kids, a huge extended family, and a day job so finding time to write can be worrisome on some days. I set a daily writing goal and then just manage somehow.

I have three kids also. Life is busy! Setting a daily writing goal is something I really need to do. Any advice to aspiring writers? The best advice I could give is first of all, don't stop writing. Write every single day. It keeps your story fresh and improves your writing skill. If you are serious about wanting to write, invest the time to do it, even if its just 500 words a day. Second most important thing, find a publishing company that believes in you and that you love. You have to work with these people, hopefully, for a really long time so you need to love each other. :)


Great advice! As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? I wanted to work with animals, I thought the best job would have to be writing for a nature magazine so I could travel and see a bunch of animals!

Cool! Who is your favorite super-hero and why? I love, love, love superheros! My favorite is the Doctor from Doctor Who. Not sure if he is your typical “super hero” but he travels around in a blue box saving the planet, so he is!

Yes - he counts! What is something people would be surprised to know about you? I lived in a small town in India for a year. I remember one of my first meals there, my host family asked if I wanted a hard boiled egg. They brought it with the shell still on and I couldn't understand why they all cracked theirs open with a spoon. I just smashed mine on the side of the table...and got raw egg yolk all over myself. They said half boiled not hard boiled! Ewww, who eats half boiled eggs?


Yes - ewww!!! Anything additional you want to share with the readers? Being an author is different than I expected it to be, but I have found a lot of unexpected friendships and amazing people along the way. Thank you!


I couldn't agree more! Where can people find you and your books online? All of my books are available on Amazon in both kindle format and paperback and if you want to order a signed copy of any of them, just message me on my facebook page!


About Amy

Amy Richie has lived in a small town her entire life. She lives with her three kids and their pet rat Jasper. She began writing in high school but never took it seriously until a few years ago. She enjoys writing because it takes her out of her everyday life and gives life to the people in her head. Amy says: “When I was little I wanted to be a mermaid, then when I was in high school I wanted to be a vampire; now as an adult I’m a writer, which is better because now I get to 
be both.”




  • Visit her on her website: amyrichie.weebly.com
  • Facebook: Amy Richie




  • About Sapphire City


    Strange things happen on Nortica; people disappear and 
voices call from the ocean. For Stella Shaw, things are about to get 
weirder.
Welcome to Nortica-population: ten.
After her latest run in with the police, Stella’s mom 
takes her back to her childhood home- the island Nortica. But they find it much different from the stories mom told. Most of the people have disappeared and the ones left are really weird. 
When her mom turns out to be the next victim of the island, Stella is forced into a dangerous race to find her while learning the secrets that the ocean holds.

    THANK YOU, AMY!


    ********

    Chasing Invisible comes out in less than two weeks!
    Follow the tour & join me for a kick off 
    TWITTER PARTY on JUNE 18th at 8:00pm EST #chasinginvisible

    http://www.karentoz.com/interviews-and-events.html



    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    For the latest book news, sign up for my newsletter!

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...