Thursday, May 16, 2013

Author Spotlight: Patricia Lynne

Hello everyone & Happy Thursday! Today we have YA Paranormal author, Patricia Lynne! Patricia is someone I met on Facebook, heard lots about, but hadn't had a chance to get to know personally. So I was super excited to get the opportunity to interview her. Welcome Patricia!!

So... tell us what have you been working on these days?
I’m working on two stories right now. First is a Young Adult paranormal LGBT called Out of Secrets and is in the hands of one of my betas. I haven’t quite figured out how to describe the story yet.

My other story is a short story series called Path of Angels. I think I can classify it as New Adult. Not 100% sure. As you can guess there are angels and my four angel boys have to find fallen angels and stop the devil from breaking free of Hell. There are a few steamy scenes too.

You are busy! When did you first consider yourself a writer?
Pretty recently. Unlike some writer friends, I haven’t always wanted to write. I was an art geek in high school and college. One day I decided to write a story I had been using to help relax me and get to sleep at night. I kept writing after that story. It wasn’t until I decided to publish Being Human, that I really got serious, and even then, I didn’t consider myself a writer until I published the book.

I'm a recent writer myself, so I know exactly what you are talking about. Who is one of your favorite characters that you have written?
Mackenzie from Being Human is one of my favorite characters. She grew up in the story and I had a lot of fun writing the scenes when she was a little girl. Then when she was a teenager, she got even more sassy and fun. She’s a real strong girl who stands up for what she believes in and that’s so fun to write.

She sounds awesome. Do people judge a book by its cover? Who makes yours?
I know I do. Although that won’t always stop me if the story sounds interesting enough. My covers, Snapshots and Being Human, were made by Keary Taylor. Her original cover for her novel, Eden is amazing (I believe that story is being turned into a trilogy, so she changed the cover.) I saw that and knew I wanted her to do my covers. She hasn’t disappointed. My number one complement about Being Human’s cover is how sexy it is (even though it’s YA!)

You have great covers! Tell us your most rewarding experience since being published.
It’s a toss up between being told my story made someone cry and being told I inspired someone else to write their own stories. Writers write to make a connection with people and to make people feel so when you make someone cry, it’s like a job well done. On the other hand, being told you inspired someone is amazing. Everyone wants to make a difference and being told that makes me feel like I have made a difference.

Yes - I couldn't agree more. Now the important question... PC or Mac?
I stole my hubby’s Mac when my HP broke and now I won’t give it back. What’s that tell you? ;)

Good girl! Coffee or Tea?
Tea all the way. My grandpa always drank tea and when I was little, I’d beg to have my own cup. Then I’d put about a quarter cup’s worth of sugar. Now I only put a teaspoon or two.

What is one thing that you could not live without?
Mellow Yellow or Mountain Dew. It’s my one guilty pleasure. I know it’s not good for me, but yummy! I only drink one can/bottle a day. It depends on which option is available. (That makes it not so bad, right?)

No .. not bad at all. Especially since you cut back on that quarter cup of sugar in your tea ;) Anything additional you want to share with the readers?
I’m always really bad with this question. I never know what to say other than HI! Well, I can think of a few things, but in my head they make me sound like a huge dork (which isn’t untrue.)
Let’s see… Thanks for stopping by and reading my spotlight. Watch out for vampires lurking in the shadows. They do bite.

I'll remember that! Where can people find you and your books online?
You can find me on my website, or wasting time on Twitter and lurking on Facebook. I’m also on Goodreads. I try to keep a list of all the sites where you can buy my books. Not everyone uses a Kindle, after all. In my house, we have just about every eReader out there since my hubby is a computer nerd. Being Human’s list is here and you can find Snapshots’ list here.

About the Author
Patricia Lynne never set out to become a writer. In fact, she never gave it any thought during high school and college, but some stories are meant to be told and now she can’t stop. Patricia lives with her husband in Michigan, hopes one day to have what will resemble a small petting zoo and has a fondness for dying her hair the colors of the rainbow.

Website - www.patricialynne.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/patricialynne07
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/patricialynne07
Book Links:
Being Human: http://www.patricialynne.com/being-human.html 
Snapshots: http://www.patricialynne.com/snapshots.html


About Being Human:
For Tommy, there is only one thing he needs to do: survive.

Only surviving isn't that easy. The hunt for blood can be tricky when humans know to fear the night. Desire sits on the edge of his mind, urging him to become the monster humans think he is. Vampire Forces, a special branch of police, is determined to turn every vampire to ash. Tommy included.

The only human Tommy can trust is his twin brother. A bond connects them, and with Danny's help, Tommy starts to understand the human world he struggles to survive in. He'll learn what friendships means and feel the sting of betrayal, find that sometimes the worst monsters are very human, and come to understand that family means more than blood.

Tommy just wants to survive and he knows what he needs to do. But with the number of humans that mean more to him than a meal growing, Tommy learns there's more to life than simple survival. He'll discover being human doesn't mean being a human.


Thanks so much for joining us Patricia!


**********


SIGN UP FOR MY MONTHLY NEWSLETTER FOR EXCLUSIVE EXCERPTS & GIVEAWAYS! 




1 comment:

For the latest book news, sign up for my newsletter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...