Thursday, March 21, 2013

Author Spotlight: Christy Sloat

Hello everyone! This week, we have a return author! I'd like to welcome back, Christy Sloat to the Author Spotlight. Christy is here to talk about her newest release - The Unraveling of Avery Snow.

Hi Christy, tell us more about this new book.
The Unraveling of Avery Snow is the final installment in the Past Lives Series. This book decides Avery’s fate and who she chooses to spend the rest of her life with. Will it be Landon or Dallas? That is the big question.

Are you working on anything new?
I just finished writing the follow up to The Brown House. What’s next? The third book in the Visitor’s Series. I have a few other stories up my sleeve, but its super-secret and I can’t tell you about it.

Well, we'll just have to have you back when you're ready to talk! So, when did you first consider yourself a writer?
I’m a writer? I still don’t feel like one. Even though I have written now five books, it still feels unreal.


Yes, I feel exactly the same way! Do people judge a book by its cover? Who makes yours?
Yes I think people do. They also judge it by the blurb on the back so I try to make sure it sounds good. I am lucky enough to get help doing this with my author friends. My book covers are all done by K.C. Designs. She is super talented and she and I see eye to eye on covers. She always takes my thoughts into consideration.


I just worked with her for the first time on a cover - she's awesome! Can you see yourself in any of your characters?
Of course I do. I think most of my characters have some piece of me with them. I have also taken part of my own experiences in life and put that in some of my books. Except the past lives part. I can’t remember my past life sadly.

What is something people would be surprised to know about you?
I’m obsessed with Twilight, like seriously obsessed. Its getting better now that its ended. I will be one of those old ladies that talk my grandchildren’s ear off about it in the future.

I'm one of the few that have never read/seen it, but my daughter loves it & keeps trying to get me to watch the movies with her. Coffee or Tea? Coffee, everyday all day. It’s a love affair.

Yup - I know exactly what you are talking about! What is one thing that you could not live without? My Nook. I love to read. Every night faithfully.

Do you have any hobbies? I crochet. I love it. I like making baby hats the most. They’re so cute.

I just started crocheting a few years ago. I enjoy it also! Anything additional you want to share with the readers?
Stay tuned for new projects coming this summer! I know a lot of readers love my Visitor’s Series so if you’re itching for book 2, The Crimson Key is coming!


Awesome! Where can people find you and your books online?
I have a website, Christysloat.com. I am also on FB frequently, www.facebook.com/christysloatauthor
All my books are available, well everywhere ☺

Thanks Christy! 




Bio

Christy Sloat is a SoCal born girl who resides in New Jersey currently with her husband, two daughters and Sophie her Chihuahua. Christy has embraced the love of reading and writing since her youth and was inspired by her grandmother’s loving support. Christy passes that love of reading, writing, and creativity to her daughters, family, and friends. When you do not find Christy within the pages of a book you can find her being mommy, wife, crafter, and dear friend. She loves adventurous journeys with her friends and can be known to get lost inside a bookstore. Be sure to venture into her Past Lives Series, The Visitor’s Series, and watch for many more exciting things to come.

Get in Touch with Christy:

www.christysloat.com

http://christysloat.blogspot.com/

http://Facebook.com/christysloatauthor

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13412018-the-many-lives-of-avery-snow

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/c/christy-sloat

http://www.amazon.com/Christy-Sloat/e/B0071MMCU6



*******************


See the complete schedule of stops at:
http://www.karentoz.com/interviews-and-events.html



SIGN UP FOR MY MONTHLY NEWSLETTER FOR EXCLUSIVE EXCERPTS & GIVEAWAYS! 










No comments:

Post a Comment

For the latest book news, sign up for my newsletter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...