Thursday, March 28, 2013

Author Spotlight: Christine Nolfi

Hi - everyone! Even though I'm an author myself, and I'm friends with most of the authors that visit me here for an Author Spotlight, there are times where I'm also a fan... and maybe even a little bit of a stalker. My friend and fellow author Christine Nolfi is one of those writers who definitely brings out the fan/stalker side of me! I enjoyed her novel, Treasure Me (you can read my review here) - the first in the Liberty Series so much, that when I heard book two was out, I just had to read it ... and I may have stalked her blog tour, entering her contests, hoping to win a copy (which I did!!)  Of course I loved it! My review is below AND Christine is giving away a copy of this fabulous book as well! But first... here's a little about Christine:


Describe your book in one sentence.

If you’re partial to movies like Steel Magnolias and books like Fried Green Tomatoes, you’ll enjoy Second Chance Grill.

Well that explains why I love your books! Those are two of my favorite movies! Tell me a little about yourself.

I’m zany, an adoptive mother of four, recently remarried and a happy transplant to Charleston, South Carolina. I can also be frighteningly focused, silly or contemplative. At a party, I’m the woman who loosens everyone up with a few jokes so they’ll spill their darkest secrets, which I file away in my brain for characters in future books. This does not go down well with everyone.

When did you decide to become a writer?

During childhood, around the time I convinced the kids on the block that fairies had hidden magical gems beneath rocks we’d soon locate. I also persuaded them—and myself—that I could fly. It’s a miracle I didn’t break my legs tumbling from Bobby Cooper’s tree house.

What do you love about writing?

Possessing the ability to set emotion on paper. Literature connects people; it’s the closest we come to walking beneath another’s skin. I cherish every facet of the process from the moment the blank page waits for inspiration through the final edit.



About Second Chance Grill:

Dr. Mary Chance needs a sabbatical from medicine to grieve the loss of her closest friend. But when she inherits a struggling restaurant in Liberty, Ohio she isn’t prepared for Blossom Perini. Mary can’t resist falling for the precocious preteen—or the girl’s father. The bond they forge will transform all their lives and set in motion an outpouring of love that spreads across America.

Welcome back to Liberty, where the women surrounding the town’s only restaurant are as charming as they are eccentric.

Second Chance Grill is the prequel to Treasure Me, 2012 Next Generation Indie Awards Finalist, which The Midwest Book Review calls “A riveting read for those who enjoy adventure fiction, highly recommended.”



My Review: 

When I learned that author Christine Nolfi released her newest book, Second Chance Grill, I was so excited! I absolutely loved her first book in this series, Treasure Me, & couldn't wait to dive in. It took me a few pages to realize that this was a prequel, not a sequel (of course, had I read the description, I would have known immediately). No matter, however, I was definitely interested in the back story of the Second Chance Grill and eager to learn more about Mary, Anthony, and Blossom (even if I already knew how they turned out.) In fact, I think knowing the ending made this wonderful story even better, because it wasn't so much the ending that made this book so special (although I did in fact love it), but the bonds and friendships made along the way. Ms. Nolfi does a great job of writing a full range of emotions, - some scenes will make you laugh out loud while others truly tug at your heart. I honestly did not want this book to end, and I'm looking forward to reading even more in this series.

*

a Rafflecopter giveaway


Christine Nolfi’s contemporary fiction novels provide readers with heartwarming and inspiring fiction. Her debut Treasure Me is a 2012 Next Generation Indie Awards finalist. Midwest Book Review lists Treasure Me, Second Chance Grill and The Tree of Everlasting Knowledge as “highly recommended.”


@christinenolfi on Twitter
GoodReads Author Page: http://tinyurl.com/7e2xgjq
FaceBook Author Page: http://tinyurl.com/c3sf4yv

Second Chance Grill:

Treasure Me – 2012 Next Generation Indie Awards Finalist

The Tree of Everlasting Knowledge



**********


SIGN UP FOR MY MONTHLY NEWSLETTER FOR EXCLUSIVE EXCERPTS & GIVEAWAYS! 






No comments:

Post a Comment

For the latest book news, sign up for my newsletter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...