Friday, February 1, 2013

Raining Cats & Dogs: Man vs. Cat #petsontour

Anyone who has spent time following this blog knows that I'm a huge cat lover! In fact, as I type this, I have one climbing up my shoulder, trying to eat my hair! Aren't cats fun? That's what I keep trying to tell my author friend, David Brown (Mr. B or as he's known to his feline family: Beard Face). You see he and his wife Donna (Mrs. B aka Frizzy Hair), have a houseful of fabulous kitties. David is so fond of them, he decided to write a book about them! I'm excited and honored to be a part of his release tour - Raining Cats and Dogs! I had a chance to read Mr. B's hilarious book - check out my review below!





About Man vs. Cat:

History has known many famous cats - Garfield, Mr Bigglesworth, Simon's Cat, the Aristocats, the Cheshire cat and the Keyboard Cat on YouTube.

In recent years these feline things have replaced man's best friend as the most popular pet in the U.S. while the Ancient Egyptians once worshipped them as gods. This was a mistake and I'm here to tell you why.

Man vs Cat is the story of one man, one woman and the six cats that changed their lives forever. To the woman they brought love and affection, to the man they brought sleepless nights, fear, paranoia and even ruined his jigsaw. Need I say more?


My Review:


Poor Mr B. Life seemed pretty good for this guy until his bride, Mrs. B, started bringing home cats. First there were 2, then 4, then 6 ... do I hear 8?

Man vs. Cat is told from the point of view of many... Starting with journal entries from Mr.& Mrs B, moving into minutes from highly classified feline meetings, to individual kitty interviews. From sweet yet simple one-eyed Buggles, to the world domineering Charlie, this book is sure to put a smile on your face. There's even a bit of a history lesson in there dating back to ancient Egypt.. Well done Mr. B.

When I was first asked to read this book, I thought it would be a book only cat lovers (such as myself) would appreciate. Not true. I think anyone who has ever been around a feline as either friend or foe will love this book. It is sure to make you laugh (and perhaps be a bit worried about world domination).

P.S. Despite all the concerns & dare I say paranoia, I'd be willing to bet Mr. B is sitting on his favorite chair cuddling a few cats rights this very minute. It's ok, Mr. B... I won't tell.



About David Brown:

David Brown could be considered a fantasy fanatic, especially since he has spent the last 10 years developing a 47,000-year history for his fictional world of Elenchera. When converting his obsession into literary form, David commits himself to a rigorous writing and editing process before his work can meet his approval. Combined with the critical eye of his wife and a BA Hons in History and English, David's dedication leads him to his goal of inspiring readers through heartfelt stories and characters.


Twitter: @elenchera

Facebook: davidmbrownauthor

Website:http://elenchera.com/

Blog: http://tweedling.com/


Man vs Cat on Amazon US: http://amzn.to/11QcZnL

Man vs Cat on Amazon UK: http://amzn.to/SL2oGC






HowAbout Some Prizes?!



a Rafflecopter giveaway


Thanks for stopping by David!


**********

SIGN UP FOR MY MONTHLY NEWSLETTER FOR EXCLUSIVE EXCERPTS & GIVEAWAYS! 






3 comments:

  1. Great review of what promises to be a wonderful book. Can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting, Alison. I have been overwhelmed with the support for this book. I just don't think people are taking it seriously though. They think it's a bit of fun!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the awesome review, Karen.

    I thought I'd left a comment earlier but it doesn't seem to have saved. My apologies for that :(

    I'm glad you enjoyed the book and survived the many horrors within. You are one brave woman.

    ReplyDelete

For the latest book news, sign up for my newsletter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...