Thursday, February 21, 2013

Author Spotlight: Dawn Gray


Hi everyone - - welcome back to another Author Spotlight! Today I have paranormal/thriller writer Dawn Gray here to talk about her newest release: Malevolent Gateway. If you're a fan of paranormal stories with an action/suspense twist, romance, and even some ghosts - you must read her books!


Welcome Dawn! Please tell us about your current release: 
Malevolent Gateway is my current release, it is the second book in the S.P.I.R.I.T. Series.  It revolves around a military based paranormal unit that employs unique members of every branch of the service.

What book are you working on next? 
The third in the series, which goes into the local legend of a lake monster and puts a paranormal spin on it that only S.P.I.R.I.T can.
  
When and how do you find time to write in your daily life?
Strangely enough, I write when I feel the inspiration and I finally have time since my children are now in school to sit down and put down to paper what goes through my mind.

I can relate! What would you say is your interesting writing quirk? 
I listen to classical music and soundtracks to write, but can also do it while helping my children with homework.  The way it works is that I see it as a movie in my head and I transcribe it to paper.

I always tell my kids that reading is like having a movie in your head! We think alike! Who is one of your favorite characters that you have written?  
Samantha Ricketts in S.P.I.R.I.T Fire Storm.  She is a fireball and there is  nothing she can't take.  She first appears in the first chapter of the book, and I mean appear right out of the blue.  She is taken from one reality to another and never skips a beat, but she does have a bit of a fainting problem (it's all the over stimulations).

What is your greatest challenge as an author?
Getting your name out there and outside circles that you form can become a challenge.  After a while you find that you all have the same people in your circle, but you also find that those fans have become friends and help pass the word around also.

Yes, I totally agree. Can you see yourself in any of your characters? 
I see myself as all the female characters.  It brings me more into the story and I am able to feel and experience the things that my characters do.


So now some fun questions I like to ask: 

Cats or Dogs?
Oh I have two of each and three kids so I am just a wild animal fanatic.

Coffee or Tea?
Coffee with cream and sugar.

Do you have any hobbies?
Photography and hiking with the kids.

If you could have a superpower what would it be?
Telekinesis....just cause it's fun to move things and freak people out.

Okay - only funny if I can do that with you - otherwise so not funny!! Anything additional you want to share with the readers?
Go for it, never stop believing, and always follow your heart.  Write for you and let your imagination take you where you need to be.

Great advice! Where can people find you and your books online?
About Dawn Gray:

Being raised in both the Northeast corner of Vermont and one of the larger cities in Massachusetts has given Dawn, a divorced mother of three, the unique ability to mix the spookiness of a small town ghost story with the fast pace action of city life.

Island Pond, Vermont was every child's wonderland, with looming mountains and small towns nestled in the valleys, its simple lifestyle gave Ms. Gray the ability to let her imagination run wild, thus creating her unique style of writing, where the stories speak for themselves.

Big city living, in her teenage years to the present allowed her to harvest that energy and creativeness to bring to life some of the most unique characters, such as Michael Raven and Julian Deveraux.
Although Vampires are her most used basis for characters and settings, Ms. Gray's novels also venture into those of other supernatural realms, with ghosts, witchcraft and werewolves coming into play in several of her upcoming manuscripts.

twitter: @Dgray3994
FB: https://www.facebook.com/TheVampireLegacy
website: https://www.Dawngrayauthor.com
Blog: https://www.blog.dawngrayauthor.com
goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/1958588.Dawn_Gray

No comments:

Post a Comment

For the latest book news, sign up for my newsletter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...