Saturday, January 26, 2013

I Wasn't Going To ... But ...

I'm allowed to change my mind, right?  I'm talkin about putting together a monthly newsletter. It's an idea I've been toying around with for a while now. To be honest, I get a lot of newsletters in my email regularly. Some I read, but most I don't. Because of that, I was leaning more towards the "I wasn't going to" side. But then I began thinking about the newsletters I did read. What made them special?  Well for starters, these were newsletters that I actually signed up to receive  unlike the others which were just automatically sent out to some randomly generated list.

So that was.requirement #1: If I was going to go through with this, I wouldn't just sent it out to an email list I created. I had to have subscribers.

Then I started thinking about content. I find I get asked a lot of the same questions every month (1) Can I get a peek of what you are working on? (2)What will you be working on next? (3) How can I win swag, and (4) Do you have any appearances/events coming up?

This blog is great for spewing out what's on my mind in the here and now, but it doesn't really answer those questions.

Requirement #2: The newsletter will try to answer relevant and current questions I am asked.

Okay, so I know what you're thinking. Between this blog, Facebook, and Twitter, don't I already give a lot of info? What will make the newsletter different?

Requirement #3: Exclusive Content! Yes that's right - get to read excerpts from current works and upcoming works that ONLY subscribers get to see. PLUS, I know how you love giveaways - so every month there will be a giveaway open only to newsletter subscribers. In addition, now you will have everything going on for the month in one place.

Interested?

Well, you can sign up right here!










That was easy right? First issue comes out February 1st! As always - thanks for your support!


No comments:

Post a Comment

For the latest book news, sign up for my newsletter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...