Thursday, January 31, 2013

Author Spotlight: Cindy Springsteen

Welcome friends! Today we have  Cindy Springsteen, author of the adorable Waffles & Pancakes books, which your little ones will love!

Hi Cindy! What inspired you to write Waffles and Pancakes: A Lesson In Bullying?

 I was inspired to write this book because bullying is a huge topic right now. Many books that I found out there were more for middle and high school children. I think that children need to learn earlier about bullying and the consequences of those actions earlier.

What exciting story are you working on next?
I am presenting working on the next book in the Waffles and Pancakes series. The next book will focus on the topic of Strangers. Each book in the series will teach children a valuable lesson with lovable characters and colorful illustrations.

When did you first consider yourself a writer?
I still think I have a hard time accepting that I am an author. Even though by the end of 2013 I will hopefully have four books out there, still feels like a dream.

What is your greatest challenge as an author? Finding the time to write all the story ideas that I have. There are so many stories I want these characters to experience and there are just not enough hours in the day.

Tell us your most rewarding experience since being published. 
My most rewarding experience was when a local school reached out to me to come in for a special event. I will be going to every first grade classroom and speaking with them about my books. They each will also take home a copy of my book. Seeing my books in a child’s hands is the best gift anyone could ever give me.

What is the best advice any one has ever given you?
The best advice I was given was to follow my dreams. It took over 20 years before I had the nerve to submit my first book to a publisher. I took a chance on a dream of being an author and now with two books out there I can say finally say that I am.

As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
Growing up I initially wanted to be a teacher. I think many children do. I would pretend play school with my dolls and animals. I would have a cup that I would pretend was coffee, when in fact it was soda. Sadly, I gave a lot of tests to my pretend students. Good thing I never fulfilled that dream.

What is something people would be surprised to know about you?
I am also a published poet. I wrote hundreds of poems in my teenage and young adult years. I have won a bunch of awards and my poetry is in a few books out there.

Cats or Dogs?
Love both of these. I have a dog and three cats, couldn’t imagine life without them.

Coffee or Tea?
100% coffee drinker. I can’t imagine starting a day without it.


Anything additional you want to share with the readers?
Always follow your dreams. No matter how crazy an idea you think it might be. If you find a good book share it and let another reader experience what you did. Also tell the author, we love to hear that someone got something out of our words.


Where can people find you and your books online?

http://www.cindy-springsteen.com - Website

https://www.facebook.com/author.cindy.springsteen - Facebook

https://twitter.com/C_Springsteen - Twitter

http://www.amazon.com/Cindy-Springsteen/e/B007R396Z8/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_2 – Amazon


About Waffles and Pancakes: A Lesson In Bullying 

Waffles and Pancakes, along with their owners, are about to learn another lesson, A Lesson in Bullying.

Join Waffles and Pancakes, along with Danny and Griffin, their owners, as they come face to face with a couple of bullies; Tom and his guinea pig, Oscar. Will Waffles, Pancakes, and their owners be able to become friends with Tom and Oscar? Find out when you read Waffles and Pancakes: A Lesson In Bullying.

“Middle School is TOO LATE! We need to teach our children while they are young. With Waffles and Pancakes: A Lesson In Bullying Cindy Springsteen gives us the words, with colorful illustrations and an endearing story of two hamsters and a guinea pig. It's a page turner for kids!”

About Cindy Springsteen:

 Cindy Springsteen is a published poetry writer. Her first children’s book “Waffles and Pancakes A Lesson in Friendship” was released on April 17, 2012. On September 17, 2012 the second in the series "Waffles and Pancakes A Lesson in Bullying" was released. She has been writing since she was in her teens. She spent many years researching and writing about parenting teenagers for various publications. She is currently working on a third "Waffles and Pancakes" story and a novel both to be released in 2013. Presently, she is also a virtual assistant for a top author.


Thanks for joining us today Cindy!



*****************



SIGN UP FOR MY MONTHLY NEWSLETTER FOR EXCLUSIVE EXCERPTS & GIVEAWAYS! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

For the latest book news, sign up for my newsletter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...