Friday, December 14, 2012

My Pet Zebra

Some of the best conversations I have with my six-year-old are while we are walking to the school bus stop in the mornings. Today, he announced that he would like a pet zebra.

photo credit: Arno & Louise Wildlife via photopin cc

Me: I don't think we're allowed to have a zebra as a pet.

C: Uh-huh! My teacher said that all a zebra needs is a big grassy spot.

Me: Really? But, I don't think our yard is big enough.

C: But look at all this grass! (He points to all the neighbor's yards as we walk). The deer walk through everyone's yards, so could the zebra!

(Note - we have a family of six deer that do indeed walk through all our yards)

Me: Do you think the deer and the zebra would be friends?

C: Maybe. But the deer could go live on another street ... with the crows.

(This is in reference to the conversation we had yesterday about the extremely loud flock of crows that were in our neighborhood  - my son yelled at them to leave and never come back and sure enough they were gone this morning... magic!)

Me: Well, we'll have to ask the neighbors.

C: Okay - you do that while I'm at school and then let me know.


I'm not sure if any of my neighbors actually read my blog, but if you do, could you please get back to me before 3pm? Thanks :)

*****

http://bit.ly/KPTbooks


No comments:

Post a Comment

For the latest book news, sign up for my newsletter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...