Thursday, December 27, 2012

Author Spotlight: Wendy Nystrom

Happy Holidays everyone! Today we have a wonderful children's author to spotlight. Wendy Nystrom is the author of the exciting picture book James Saves the Moon. I love this book! My six year old loves it as well, and we even bought a copy for his 1st grade classroom.





Wendy was kind enough to let me interview her today...

Hi Wendy - Please tell us about your current release.

James Saves the Moon. Is a tale of a young boy living in Iceland who sees the moon on the mountain. He decides to climb the mountain to touch it. He meets a Icelandic Fairy named Syvok and Matthias the dragon and they discover the moon is really stuck and must work together to save the moon and Iceland.

Who inspired you to write this book?

My son inspired the book while we were living in Iceland. He looked out the window and it looked like the moon was sitting on the mountain. The first draft was written within a few days.

That's a great story! What exciting story are you working on next?

I am doing final editing Helga Returns. It is the second book in my James Adventures. James, Syvok and Matthias travel inside a cave to discover a troll village and save the leader. My third one is with an alpha reading. I am also working on my Novel for adults called the New Moon Brethren. It is a urban fantasy.

Wow - you are certainly busy! When did you first consider yourself a writer?

I really don’t consider myself a writer. I just like to tell tales.

I feel the same way. When and how do you find time to write in your daily life?

It is a challenge with three children. Mostly during the day.


Do people judge a book by its cover? Who makes yours?

Yes I believe a good cover will draw in a reader. My first book was illustrated by Jim Weidman. He retired after working with me on James Saves the Moon. The rest of my kids books now are illustrated by Kelly Murray. She is wonderful to work with.

I'm looking forward to seeing them. Tell us your most rewarding experience since being published.

Kids saying Wow Mrs. Nystrom I love your book.

What is the best advice any one has ever given you?

My Aunt told me you are never too old to start a new career.

As someone who only recently started writing as well, I can say that's great advice. Can you see yourself in any of your characters?

In my short story in Paranormal Gone Awry, I see a little of me and many of my friends as well in the main characters, Carolyn and Blaze.


As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?

NFL Coach

Awesome!! Cats or Dogs?

Cats

PC or Mac?

PC

Coffee or Tea?

Both

Anything additional you want to share with the readers?

I am really enjoying working with Anchor Group Publishing.
I hope you and your children enjoy my books. I want to thank all the people who told me to keep going you will get published. Those Mom pals of mine who said it is ok to say no once in a while.


Where can people find you and your books online?

http://www.amazon.com/James-Saves-the-Moon-ebook/dp/B00A3W9MKY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1355255763&sr=8-1&keywords=james+saves+the+moon

http://www.amazon.com/James-Saves-Moon-Wendy-Nystrom/dp/098827079X/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1355255763&sr=8-2&keywords=james+saves+the+moon


About Wendy:

Wendy Nystrom is a published author with Anchor Group Publishing, a wife, and a mother of three wonderful children. Wendy grew up in St. Paul, MN, and has lived at different points in her life in Minnesota, Texas, Idaho, Colorado, West Virginia, and Iceland. She currently resides in Michigan (USA). Wendy is an avid reader of many different genres; she love adventures; and devotes some of her time to being active in schools, the local library, and other community projects. She earned a BA in Geography concentration Urban Planning at Texas State University. Wendy began writing children stories in 2005 while living in the wonderful country of Iceland. Her writing style is, Imagine yourself sitting around a campfire deep in the mountains with a huge moon above. The mountain outlined all around while the story teller weaves a tale of adventure with a splash of fun as a pebble skips across the water. You can keep up with Wendy's writing adventures at her blog wendysbookcase.com, facebook https://www.facebook.com/Wendysbookcase and twitter/wbnystrom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For the latest book news, sign up for my newsletter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...