Thursday, November 22, 2012

Gratitude

We interrupt this week's Author Spotlight for Thanksgiving.

Of course, I love spending time with family and friends and food – OH THE FOOD! But, I truly love Thanksgiving for reminding us of all the things we have to be grateful for every day. Like so many, I am thankful I am able to celebrate Thanksgiving with a hot meal. I’m thankful to have my family and my friends. And I’m thankful for my freedom and my safety.

photo credit: CarbonNYC via photopin cc
This year, however, I want to express my gratitude for something more... I’m thankful for the chance to do what I love. Some people are lucky. They know exactly what they want to be “when they grow up.” The “it” factor ...that one thing you just know you were meant to do with your life.

Some of you who may have seen my previous posts on this subject know that my career choices as a child ranged from the next Marie Osmond all the way to the head of the Securities and Exchange Commission. I majored in Finance, went to law school, passed the bar, worked briefly in law, and became a tax accountant. Don’t get me wrong – I actually really enjoy doing taxes (It’s true). Yet, while I love doing taxes, I knew it wasn’t my it. A few years ago, after one tax season, I started writing. I don’t know what prompted it, but once I started, I couldn’t stop. I quickly realized that writing was my it.

But having found my it is only part of my gratitude. I’m actually thankful this year for the chance to be able to take my it to the next level – a career. As you know, this year I published my third book, I’ve had a short story published in an anthology, and I’ve even won a bunch of writing awards. Thanks to an amazing year, my it is no longer that little thing I do on the side. My it is now THE thing . . . the Grand-Daddy of all things, and I’m so grateful to my family, friends, and readers for all of the love and support you have given me this year.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Xo
Karen

PS – Stop by Millie’s blog to read about what she is thankful for this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For the latest book news, sign up for my newsletter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...