Saturday, September 29, 2012

Introducing Millicent Marie!

Hi all!! Well you've heard about Nate Rocks, and now it's time to officially introduce you to Millicent Marie! She's been itching to tell you all about herself, so I thought I would take this opportunity to interview her. She's very excited and a bit nervous, so let's all make her feel welcome!



Hi Millie! Tell us a little about yourself:

Hi! My name is Millicent Marie. You can call me Millie though, because I really don’t like my full name. I’m twelve years old, and I’m super excited to be interviewed – thanks for inviting me today!


What's wrong with your name?

Really - isn't it obvious? Well for starters, I was named after this crazy relative that nobody even liked. Who does that to a child? I guess Millie is okay, but my family insists on calling me the full Millicent Marie. I mean - what if the house was on fire? By the time they got my name out, I'd be toast!


Well I like your name! So I see you've got a laptop. Do you like it?

Totally!! When I turned twelve, my mom and dad wanted to get me something special. I had a choice of either a laptop or cell phone. Pretty cool, huh? I actually wanted both, but I knew I had to make a decision, and I chose laptop. You see, I really wanted to have a place where I could keep a diary. I know what you’re thinking – why not take the cell phone and keep a diary on paper? I thought of that, but isn’t it so much easier to type? Esspetially Especially with all the mistakes I sometimes usually make. I dodnt didn’t want the my entire dairy diary to be a mess. <--like this.


Yes, well I can see you made a wise decision. So tell me, now that we know what you like, tell us what you dislike:

Mean people. There’s one girl in particular who is always mean to me. I just don’t get why anyone would act that way. Well, other than they think it’s funny and cool – which it definitely is not. My brother can be mean too, but I’m supposed to still like him because he’s my brother. I hate to admit it, but sometimes I can be mean, also. Luckily, I figured it out before it got out of control. Oh yeah, I don’t like homework either.


Really? I can't picture you being mean. What happened?

So you know that whole diary thing I started telling you about? Well it seems that my brother, Doogle, found it on my laptop and thought it would be funny to publish it on the INTERNET as a BLOG. Everyone at school saw it - EVERYONE. Only, they didn't know it was me, because I was signing all my diary entries as "Amanda" - you know, because of that whole I hate my name thing.


Whoa - that's horrible! But you deleted it, right?

Well... I was going to. See the thing is, people started emailing me and asking for advice and stuff. Nobody really seemed to care about what I had to say before, and I kind of liked all the attention. I guess I let it go to my head a little, and I might have been a bit of a gossip. Some of the stuff I said wasn't exactly kind.  But I learned my lesson, and I owe it to my friends. They're the best - especially my BFF, Natalie.


You're lucky your friends were there for you. So what do you most value in your friends?

Honesty. Uh - yeah, I was telling everyone my name was Amanda, and yes, I was keeping secrets. I feel really bad about all that. But it wasn’t my fault, and the fact is Natalie happens to be the greatest best friend ever. She knows I would never do anything intentionally to betray her. From now on, I promise to be honest about everything.


If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

I’d be an only child. Oh – sorry, that was a bit mean wasn’t it? I’m just kidding . . . sort of. No, seriously . . . there’s my name of course, but other than that, I don’t know. At first I thought I might like to be prettier or a better singer or soccer player, but after what I just went through the last couple of months – I think I like myself just the way I am! Confused? I thought so. It’s all there in print in Millicent Marie Is Not My Name.


Thanks for sharing your story today, Millie!

Is that it? Hey, this was kind of fun! Thanks for interviewing me today!

****


http://bit.ly/KPTbooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

For the latest book news, sign up for my newsletter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...