Friday, September 7, 2012

#FlashFridayFive - Broken #iiwk


Today, I am participating in the  #FlashFiveFriday run by The Indie Exchange.
#FlashFiveFriday is a weekly flash fiction / flash blogging prompt.
The rules are very simple if you’d like to take part:
1) Write for no longer than five minutes
2) No upper or lower word limits
3) You must write something new
4) You can prepare your post ahead of time but the 5 minute limit still applies
5) If you add your blog post to the weekly linky you must visit five other blogs that week too to show your support (Visit The Indie Exchange to add your link)


This week's prompt is: BROKEN
As Invisible Illness Awareness Week approaches, I find this topic incredibly timely. Broken. I am broken. I have RA - Rheumatoid Arthritis. Last week my doctor informed me my disease was still in the moderate activity level, despite all our attempts to keep it under control. Every month I am hooked up to an IV to have drugs pumped into my body. Drugs that are supposed to control my RA. Drugs that have side effects that can kill me. Drugs that I have no choice but to take if I want to lead a normal, unbroken life - and yet, here I am, still broken.

 It's hard for others to understand what it means to be broken. I have become quite good at hiding things. In fact, most people would not know that I am broken. But I know. My body knows. I often think if I don't discuss it or complain, it will go away. It's possible for broken things to fix themselves isn't it? But it doesn't go away. There is no cure. The best I can do is try to live each day as best I can. Everyday, I have to figure out my limits and to learn to say no. This is the hardest part.

My five minutes are up. Thanks for listening  ~ xo ~ Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

For the latest book news, sign up for my newsletter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...