Sunday, September 16, 2012

Celebrating Womanhood






Thank you to Living, Leaning, and Loving Life for inviting me to participate in this lovely blog meme to celebrate women.

When one thinks about celebrating women, many immediately think of women in strong leadership positions in the world – women who have had an impact in the world in some way or another. The truth is, however, you don't have to be negotiating world peace to be celebrated. Every woman has something unique and special to offer to society. Every women deserves to be celebrated - for so many reasons!

Today I want to celebrate our strength. I'm not talking about physical strength. I'm talking about the strength that comes from within. You may not realize it, but trust me, it is there. Every woman has the ability to reach down deep to find their inner strength – to pull themselves upward and onward into something worth celebrating, no matter how difficult things seem to be.

I have now had several occasions in the course of my life where I have had to make life-changing decisions – decisions that required a strong mind to allow me to persevere, at a time where I felt my mind was at its weakest. Through trust of my self and my strength, I was able to change my course to lead a better and more fulfilling life. And I’m not the only woman who has had to do this. In fact, I personally know many women, who have been able to embrace their strength and forge ahead – as only a woman can do. If you haven't found it yet, do not despair. It is there. I know from experience, and you will find it. Because you are an amazing woman - and you deserve to be celebrated.

To the male readers - yes, you also possess strength. But, there’s something about a woman’s inner strength that has no match. Heed this as a warning: When she starts to dig around searching for it, there is no stopping her. You’ve heard the saying, “I am woman hear me roar?” . . . Enough said.

There is another saying that my friends and I tend to pass around whenever things get overwhelming: “I could really use a good wife.” It’s not a knock on our spouses or partners, but rather a testament as to just how much we, as wives, mothers, daughters, sisters ... women, are capable of accomplishing, and it is because of this strength.

So to all the women: now is the time to celebrate yourselves and your strength. It's there and you have the ability to make the most of it. Celebrate – you deserve it!

1 comment:

  1. Good post! You are absolutely right about the strength of women. I think I first became aware of this as a hospice nurse. I saw so many women (men, too, but there was something special about the women) dig deep and tap a well of strength they didn't know was there. Thanks for participating in this blog event.

    ReplyDelete

For the latest book news, sign up for my newsletter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...