Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Week 7 of The Next Big Thing

Thank you to Coral Russell for tagging me in Week 6 of The Next Big Thing.  The Next Big Thing is a weekly post where tagged authors answer questions about one of their WIPs. I hope you enjoy this short interview:

What is the working title of your book?


Millicent Marie Is Not My Name

What genre does your book fall under?

Middle Grade Fiction. More specifically, 8-12 year olds.

Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?


Millicent Marie: Abigail Breslin 
Natalie: Hailee Steinfeld
Doogle (Millie's younger brother):  Jared Gillmore
Haylee: Elle Fanning 
Jordan: Sterling Beaumon

Can we talk about Nate Rocks for a minute? I really want Justin Tinucci!  Okay... back to Millicent Marie...

What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book


Twelve-year-old Millicent Marie becomes her school's anonymous resident gossip/advice columnist after her younger brother publishes her private diary as an online blog.


Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?


I am independently published by Grand Daisy Press.


How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?


About three months



What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
I'm really not sure... 
Who or What inspired you to write this book?
I have a twelve-year-old daughter. While this exact story never happened to her (as far as I know), I did address some of the issues I hear her talking about. Since I also love to blog, I thought it would be fun to add in that element. 
What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?
There are great lessons about friendship, bullying/gossiping, and respect
Tag you’re it!


Rules:
***Answer the ten questions about your current WIP (Work In Progress)
***Tag five other writers/bloggers and add their links so we can hop over and meet them.
It’s that simple.
Ten Interview Questions for The Next Big Thing:
What is the working title of your book?
Where did the idea come from for the book?
What genre does your book fall under?
Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
Who or What inspired you to write this book?
What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?



***********

10-11-12... GO!
Join the Millicent Marie Is Not My Name
Virtual Tour and Release Party
sign up HERE

Millicent Marie Tour

No comments:

Post a Comment

For the latest book news, sign up for my newsletter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...