Wednesday, August 29, 2012

I'm Not Just An Author - I'm Also A (Stalker) Fan!

Anyone who has read any of my interviews knows who my greatest inspiration is - and in case you don't I'll tell you...



Judy Blume 


We've all read her books right? And if you're a 40 something women like myself, you sat in front of your mirror when you were 12 and chanted - "I Must.. I Must.. I Must Increase My..." Come on - you know you did! As a matter of fact, I can't imagine growing up without Judy Blume's books by my side!

I've had several reviewers tell me that my stories are written in the same style as and/or read like Judy Blume books. To me, this is a HUGE compliment. The biggest! I mean - who wouldn't want to be compared to their idol right?  Well, one day recently, after getting another such review, my friend said, "Why don't you send her one of your books?"

Could I do that? I don't know. I guess I could? Right?  So I went on her website, found the address to her publicist, and sent out a book (Oh yeah - I also sent her a two page letter that went on and on about how great she is ... can we say scary stalker lady?)

I really had no expectations, so I was so surprised to find this in my inbox yesterday:



How cool is that??! She also used the comment form on my website to send it to me. That's right, Judy Blume's assistant was on my website.  Uh -huh - Oh Yeah . . . I mean - no, I'm not a crazy stalker fan. I got this note. Whatever.    =D


*****

http://bit.ly/KPTbooks



No comments:

Post a Comment

For the latest book news, sign up for my newsletter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...