Friday, August 17, 2012

Community Blog Hop: What Does Community Mean? #CCEID





Welcome to day two of the Celebrate Community Blog Hop! This is a blog hop started by Author Pavarti Tyler and Fighting Money Press to help celebrate culture and community. Please visit http://www.fightingmonkeypress.com/celebrating-community/ for a complete listing of participating blogs and to enter the contest to win books, gift cards, t-shirts, and more!

Today’s topic is: What does community togetherness mean to you?

I live in a town that is huge on community. It’s one of the reasons I wanted to live here back when my family and I were house hunting. Admittedly, I don’t get involved nearly as much as I should, but I love and appreciate some of the things this township has accomplished through community support.

Here is a sampling of what my community has accomplished:

- fought against a group that wanted to purchase land around the corner from us to develop it in a way that would bring in more traffic than our quiet little neighborhood could handle.

- managed to close a budget gap in our school district without raising taxes.

- working on opening a community run co-op market.

- successfully brought a farmer’s market to our town every Sunday (this is one of my favorite things!)

-rallied together to build a new playground.


Here on the Internet, I have also found community through an incredible network of bloggers, authors, and readers. It is these people who have walked me through every step of this amazing journey. People that I now call friends. People whose overwhelming daily support continues to inspire me. People who I look forward to chatting with and hopefully will one day meet in person. They (you!!) are the reason I keep writing. So thank you for being part of my extra special online community.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For the latest book news, sign up for my newsletter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...