Thursday, August 9, 2012

Author Spotlight: Dawn Gray

Today for my Author Spotlight, I'd like to welcome Dawn Gray for an interview about her books and projects - Welcome Dawn!



Tell me a bit about yourself and your work.

I am a mother of 3 very talented children, and a full-time writer.



Out of all of your work, which is your favorite character and why?

Julian Deveraux, because he's been with me the longest, he is my other half.



What are your current projects?

Re-vamping "The Vampire Legacy" and working on "Malevolent Gateway" a S.P.I.R.I.T. novel



Do you have a specific writing style?

I was told it was something along the lines of Irish storytelling.


Do you recall how your interest in writing originated?

An escape from reality



Did you learn anything from writing your book(s) and what was it?

You have to let the world go and write from within, otherwise the world gets involved and its not an escape.


Do you have to travel much concerning your book(s)?

I have traveled to several places for research but I haven't been on a tour in a while.



Where do you get your information or ideas for your books?

They just pop in my head.



How do you cope with writer’s block?

I work on marketing for the rest of the books until my muse decides to talk to me again.


If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in your latest book?

No, not in S.P.I.R.I.T.


Other than writing, what special or unusual talent(s) do you have?

I can make my 13-year-old laugh, for a parent that's the best talent in the world.


Favourite TV shows at the moment?

I try to stay away from TV.



If your house was attacked by feral zombies, and they were tearing apart your house with their Über super strength, what five items would you save?

Depends are we talking old time zombies who want brains only, in which case I would be completely safe, or the newer kind of zombies, which I would have the power to make their heads explode with my mind, garden zombie Gnomes as ankle bitters, a force field, immortality, and brains.



Dangerous this one: Five words a loved one would use to describe you?

Kind, caring, crazy, unstable, and way too much into my own world.



If someone wrote a biography about you, what do you think the title should be?


"Oh look, a Squirrel".

About S.P.I.R.I.T. Fire Storm:

When Samantha Ricketts finds herself placed in a town half-way across the country, her only worry is how did she get there, but when her life is saved by a handsome and mysterious man, the connection they feel is almost more than she can stand.

Zander Smith was only acting on his instincts and training when he moved the dark-haired woman to safety but what he got from his heroics wasn't the distressed woman he had thought he was helping but a fireball of fury that sparked a storm within himself.

Together they tap into the supernatural to uncover the mysteries surrounding the strange town they were slowly growing fond of before they became part of its history.




About Dawn:

Being raised in both the Northeast corner of Vermont and one of the larger cities in Massachusetts has given Dawn, a divorced mother of three, the unique ability to mix the spookiness of a small town ghost story with the fast pace action of city life.

Island Pond, Vermont was every child's wonderland, with looming mountains and small towns nestled in the valleys, its simple lifestyle gave Ms. Gray the ability to let her imagination run wild, thus creating her unique style of writing, where the stories speak for themselves.

Big city living, in her teenage years to the present allowed her to harvest that energy and creativeness to bring to life some of the most unique characters, such as Michael Raven and Julian Deveraux.
Although Vampires are her most used basis for characters and settings, Ms. Gray's novels also venture into those of other supernatural realms, with ghosts, witchcraft and werewolves coming into play in several of her upcoming manuscripts.

twitter: @Dgray3994
FB: https://www.facebook.com/TheVampireLegacy
website: https://www.Dawngrayauthor.com
Blog: https://www.blog.dawngrayauthor.com
goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/1958588.Dawn_Gray

Book link: http://www.amazon.com/S-P-I-R-I-T-Fire-Storm-ebook/dp/B007SZR7T2/ref=pd_sim_kstore_2


Thanks Dawn!

*****************

10-11-12... GO!
Join the Millicent Marie Is Not My Name
Virtual Tour and Release Party
sign up HERE

Millicent Marie Tour




No comments:

Post a Comment

For the latest book news, sign up for my newsletter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...