Thursday, August 30, 2012

Author Spotlight: Christine Nolfi - Interview & Review

Today, in the Author Spotlight, I'd like to welcome Christine Nolfi. Thank you Christine for coming on my blog today!

Tell us a little about yourself, Christine:

In 2004, I made the wisest and most irrational decision of my life—I began writing fiction full-time. My debut, Treasure Me, is a finalist in the 2012 Next Generation Awards and appears on The Midwest Book Review’s Bookwatch as, “A riveting read for those who enjoy adventure fiction, highly recommended.” My second contemporary fiction novel, The Tree of Everlasting Knowledge, is now entering contests and continues to earn 4- and 5-star reviews on GoodReads and Amazon. My third release, Second Chance Grill, is was recently released.




I so enjoyed reading Treasure Me . . .  in fact, here is my review:

When Christine Nolfi first told me about her novel, Treasure Me, she said "If you like Steel Magnolias, you'll like Treasure Me." Little did she know that Steel Magnolias is one of my favorite movies, and she was right - I really did love reading Treasure Me.

The story starts with Birdie Kaminsky trying to escape getting caught after stealing a wallet. The daughter of a con artist, and now herself a petty thief, Birdie sets out to Liberty, Ohio to search for a hidden treasure based on a clue passed down from her ancestors. A clue that will lead her to a fortune big enought to allow her to leave her life of crime once and for all - or so she thinks.

Christine Nolfi tells a wonderful story about self-discovery and friendships. I never thought I would find myself cheering on a thief, but I was every step of the way. Birdie, however, isn't the only loveable character in this book. I also fell in love with the pistol-toting, no-nonsensed curmudgeon - Theodora as well as Hugh, the reporter who can't hold onto a job or a woman. Those are only two of the many perfectly developed and enjoyable characters in this book. Like all good first books, this one ends with plenty of questions unanswered. I'm looking forward to book two in the series.


Okay. . . back to my questions for Christine:


When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?

Early childhood, I guess. I wrote my first short story in elementary school. After college, I opened a small PR firm. I made the switch to full-time fiction writing in 2004.

What would you say is your interesting writing quirk?

I find writing bliss by creating both lighter novels, like Treasure Me and the other upcoming books in the Liberty series, and by also penning darker, more suspenseful novels like The Tree of Everlasting Knowledge. This is quirky in that I can’t help but swing from light to dark then back again.

What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your books?

Each novel germinates and grows in a singular way. One novel may appear in a logical, sequential fashion. The next book springs from my subconscious in a series of character vignettes. I’ve learned to trust the process each manuscript chooses to take.

Where did you get ideas for your books?

From living a full, rich life. I’ve traveled extensively, met a variety of “characters” throughout the years—frankly, I fear I won’t live long enough to pen all the novels rumbling around in my head.

How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?

I’m about to publish my third novel, Second Chance Grill, and will follow soon after with the publication of two shorter romances. How many books have I written in total? I have no idea. Many of those manuscripts reside dusty and unloved in my file cabinet.

Which is your favorite?

Perhaps the novel I’ll return to in September—it’s contemporary fiction, set in Istanbul. The plot follows the journey of a professor trying to overcome a tragedy on a U.S. college campus she unknowingly set in motion. She shares the story with a teenage girl, newly orphaned by two revered scientists, who was raised in the Brazilian rain forest. The girl’s metaphysical take on life provides transformational healing for many of the characters in the book.

What do you think makes a good story?

Characters that resonate with the reader. Books that provide an emotional experience. Sparkling dialogue. Rich prose that flows through the reader like a symphony. A fast-paced plot is important too!

Author website: http://www.christinenolfi.com/
Twitter: @christinenolfi
GoodReads: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/4811669.Christine_Nolfi

Treasure Me on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Treasure-Me-ebook/dp/B004XMOP9I/ref=sr_1_1_title_1_kin?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1340740777&sr=1-1&keywords=Treasure+Me

Petty thief Birdie Kaminsky has arrived in Liberty, Ohio to steal a treasure hidden since the Civil War. She’s in possession of a charming clue passed down in her family for generations: Liberty safeguards the cherished heart. Yet with each clue she unearths, Birdie discovers a family history more precious than gems, a tradition of love richer than she’d imagined.


The Tree of Everlasting Knowledge on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/The-Tree-Everlasting-Knowledge-ebook/dp/B007IO78QK/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1340741334&sr=1-1&keywords=the+tree+of+everlasting+knowledge

A savage rape on hallowed ground. Secrets buried for decades by the town’s most powerful family. Now Ourania D’Andre will learn the Great Oak’s secrets as construction begins at the Fagan mansion. She’s already juggling the most important job of her career with her new responsibilities as a foster mother for young Walt and Emma Korchek. And there’s a hard, older man on the construction crew with eyes void of emotion—cold and killing. The secrets of his brutal past will pose a grave threat to the children in her care. Will she find the courage to face him?


Second Chance Grill (book two of the Liberty series) - COMING SOON!

Dr. Mary Chance needs a sabbatical from medicine to grieve the loss of her closest friend. But when she inherits a struggling restaurant in Liberty, Ohio she isn’t prepared for Blossom Perini. Mary can’t resist falling for the precocious preteen—or the girl’s father. The bond they forge will transform all their lives—and set in motion an outpouring of love that spreads across America.



Thanks so much for joining me today, Christine!













********************

For More Details & Easy Entry Visit Here

No comments:

Post a Comment

For the latest book news, sign up for my newsletter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...