Friday, July 13, 2012

I've Had A Makeover!

For those of you who stop by here regularly (and hopefully that's more than just my mom), you may have noticed that the top of my blog looks a little different! See the thing is, I've become friends with a lot of bloggers over the past year, and their blogs are all so elaborate and functional and customized. Now granted, I think I did okay with my little blogger provided template, but I felt it was time for more. Since I miraculously managed to create my Facebook banner, I thought maybe I could do something for my blog.  What do you think?

What's that? What's that new book cover about? Oh - I'm so glad you asked! I have a new book! Well, I will have a new book. For now, I have a fab book cover and a pretty good third draft (or is it fifth? I've lost count already.)  Next week, I send it off to my editor, and if all goes well, I should be looking at an October release.

So who is Millicent Marie? Another excellent question!  Here's  what "Millicent Marie Is Not My Name" is all about:


Twelve-year-old Millicent Marie does not like her name. After all, she was named for a woman who died more than fifty years ago and was not the most loveable member of the Harris family. Her friends call her Millie, but when she writes in her diary she refers to herself as Amanda – the name she always wished she had.

When Millie’s younger brother finds her diary on her computer, he decides to publish it as a blog for all the world to see, including the boy Millie has a crush on. In the midst of all the mayhem, Millie/Amanda discovers she is suddenly Springside Elementary’s most sought after sixth-grade mystery gossip and advice columnist. 

But not all is fun and games as Millie quickly learns once she realizes feelings are at stake. Nobody, least of all Millie, expects things to turn out as they do, in this tale of friendship and respect.



I hope you all will love Millicent Marie as much as I do, and thank you to Deana Riddle at Book Starter for creating another amazing cover for me! Stay tuned for excerpts, giveaways, and more!


No comments:

Post a Comment

For the latest book news, sign up for my newsletter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...