Thursday, July 12, 2012

Author Spotlight: Christy Sloat


Today I'd like to welcome author Christy Sloat to the Author Spotlight! Thanks for stopping by today.

Please tell us a little about yourself:

Hello everyone! My name is Christy Sloat. I am the author of The Many Lives of Avery Snow and the newly published, The Brown House. I am pleased to be featured on this blog. I hope you check out my books and if you read them leave a review. I am an avid reader myself. I enjoy Paranormal, Young Adult, Horror and Romance books. I support Indie Authors, because I know how hard it is to get yourself out there as an author. My books are available on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Smashwords and more.


Why do you write?

I write because I feel that it is a passion that I have always had. I loved to write as a child. I have a very vivid imagination.

Anyone who as been on my blog, knows that I cannot multi-task. Are you able to work on more than one project at a time?

Yes actually I am doing that right now. I have my "Past Lives Series" and my "Visitor's Series" out at the same time. I like being busy.

I agree - busy is a good thing. When do you like to write?

I try to write when I can find time. Being a stay at home mom, it makes it very hard to write during the day. So my writing time is late at night. I am a night owl. You will find me up until at least 1:00 am writing. I love to turn on Pandora and listen to music while I work. It helps the creative process. I do not have a word goal. I write until I can do it anymore. Until my fingers are tired.

 Do you like to write with music playing or do you prefer silence?

I have been known to write to silence at times, but I prefer music. It helps get me in the mood for my characters. For example when I am writing from Avery Snow's perspective my music is sad/mellow. I prefer to listen to Pandora Radio. I like the Twilight Radio, Indie Rock and Christina Perri stations. 


Which of your books is your favorite?

I think I am most proud of The Brown House. It's not that I do not love Avery Snow, but there is just something about The Brown House characters that I adore. Of course I love both my books. But right now, The Brown House wins.

Are you a Mac or are you a PC? 


PC. I have no clue how to use a Mac.

That was me a year ago - but now I'm a Mac girl through and through! 

Where can readers find you online?






Where can we find your books? 

Kindle- 



Paperback Amazon



Barnes and Noble print-


Nook-


Smashwords-




Thanks so much for joining us today for the Author Spotlight, Christy!


Next Week: Monika Pardon


No comments:

Post a Comment

For the latest book news, sign up for my newsletter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...