Friday, June 29, 2012

Nate Rocks on Overnight Camp

Since we seem to have a camp theme going here on the blog - I thought I'd let you know how Nate feels about it:


When my mom first told me I was going away to overnight camp for six weeks, let’s just say I was not happy. I’d been going to the same day camp with my two good friends, Tommy and Sam, for as long as I could remember. I liked it there. I knew most of the kids and the counselors, and now that I was going to be in one of the older groups, I could pretty much do what I wanted with my friends all day.

I know what you’re thinking: Are you nuts? Overnight camp is a blast! I’d love to get away from my family for the summer. I guess at first I wasn’t quite looking at it that way. But don’t worry, I eventually came around – especially when it hit me: I wouldn’t have to eat Mom’s awful cooking for six whole weeks!

As is usually the case, there was good news and bad news. The bad news was that my annoying sister, Abby, was apparently going with me to camp. Yeah that’s right, Mom was sending both of us. Together. The good news: Tommy was going also. Lucky for me, Abby stayed mostly out of my hair.

Well as it turned out I made some cool new friends. My counselor, Matt, was a bit of a flake, but I guess that’s what happens to you when you spend your summer cooped up with a bunch of ten year olds in a hot cabin.

So was overnight camp all it was cut out to be? Well now, you don’t expect me to give away all of my adventures do you? You’ll just have to read my book, Nate Rocks the Boat, to find out. I will tell you this... you are guaranteed to laugh and have a good time as you read all of my adventures.



TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE NATE ROCKS SERIES:


Website: www.karentoz.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/karenptoz
Twitter: www.twitter.com/karentoz




*****


http://bit.ly/KPTbooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

For the latest book news, sign up for my newsletter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...