Friday, June 8, 2012

The Friday Five 6-8-12

1. Book Signing - Part 2. Last weekend the lovely people at the Barnes & Noble in Oxford Valley, PA invited me in for a book signing. Thank you once again to all who stopped by! I really enjoyed meeting and talking to all the people who stopped over at my table. Next stop ... the Jersey Shore - details tba.




2. Finals. Not for me, but for my 8th grader. It can only mean two things: 1- the end of the year is near and 2 - I'm getting old if I have a child old enough to take final exams. Their last exam was yesterday and now they have three full days of school for .. well, I'm not quite sure why ... and then his graduation!! Speaking of graduation...

3. Kindergarten. Yes - my kindergartener is nearing the end of his school year as well. While, they're not doing a formal graduation ceremony,  they are having an end of year concert and picnic ... today. They are all dressing up as butterflies, bees, and ladybugs and have prepared songs for the parents. Note to self - bring lots of tissues. 


photo credit: Robert S. Donovan via photo pin cc


4. End of Year Round Up.  Speaking of the end of the school year - this time of year is always very hectic. So hectic, I almost forgot to write this friday five (again)! So many things are happening, ending, starting. Not only do we have graduation, move up day, school parties, field days, color wars, battle of the bands, and picnics. But we are winding down t-ball and getting ready for the big annual dance recital. This year I have two dancers in it! Plus, I have to start packing for camp (ugh!) for my two oldest, which always involves fun (not) shopping trips to the mall with them to get their clothes and other necessities. For me, June is definitely one of the busiest months of the year!

5. Book News. Busy week on the book front too! First, a big thank you to fellow author Kathy Reinhart for allowing me back on her blog for a second interview. She interviewed me last year when Nate Rocks the World first came out and invited me back for a second time. Stop by and read about what I have to say about the f-word (the 10 yr old version at least...)  Also - visit the Book Bloggers Collaborative (starting the 9th) and Girl Who Reads (going on now through the 10th) for your chance to win a signed copy of Nate Rocks the World.

 I hope everyone has a great week! I'll see you next Friday and hopefully sooner.

xo
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

For the latest book news, sign up for my newsletter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...