Friday, June 15, 2012

The Friday Five 6-15-12

Hi all - I hope you had a great week! For me, this week was/is kind of a big deal... here we go:

 1. Graduation. All the kids had some major milestones this week. My youngest finished up kindergarten (with a very cute show, I might add), my daughter finished 6th grade and while they don’t do a formal graduation, it’s very exciting because it means she’ll be starting middle school next year, and... my oldest graduated from 8th grade. He will be going to high school in fall. High School ... my baby (my 6’4” baby – but still.) Congrats to all the graduates!!



photo credit: clevercupcakes via photo pin cc


2. Book Award. So a while back I entered this book contest for children’s books called the Purple Dragonfly Book Awards. It was one of those things I kind of forgot about because at the time the June decision date seemed so far away. Well guess what? I received an email from them this week. Not only did Nate Rocks the World win FIRST place in the children’s chapter book category, it also won the GRAND PRIZE for all categories. Can you see me doing the happy dance? I am mighty excited.





 3. Dance. Speaking of dance - tomorrow is my daughter and youngest son’s dance recital. My daughter is in seven dances (yes, that means seven hair changes that guess who has to do... with only 2 or 3 dances in between + seven costume changes ... sigh.) This year for the first time, my 5 year old is in the recital too – he’ll be doing hip-hop. His group is too stinking cute. I can’t wait – I love it all!

4. Camp. Now that school is over, it’s time to get the kids ready for camp. My two oldest go to overnight camp, and you may remember from my posts last year that I looooove to pack. I’ll officially start next week, but I have made a little progress, my daughter’s sleeping bag is out of the attic and has been cleaned, rolled, and is ready to go. Baby steps...

5. Book News. First – Congratulations to the winners of paperback and ebook copies of Nate Rocks the World and thank you to all who entered the contests hosted by the Book Bloggers’ Collaborative and Girl Who Reads for ArmchairBEA. For those who like to beach at the Jersey Shore... I will be signing books on Saturday July 14th at the Paper Peddler in Avalon. I also have two book tours coming up and will be posting all of the stops on my website. I am also excited to tell you that my next book, Millicent Marie is Not My Name is coming along nicely and is slated for a fall release. My awesome cover designer – Deana Riddle at Bookstarter is busy working on ideas for the book cover. I can’t wait to see what she comes up with.

 One more thing – I hope all the Dads out there have a wonderful Father’s Day!!! See you next Friday and hopefully sooner!

 xo
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

For the latest book news, sign up for my newsletter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...