Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Why I Blog: A Huge Thank You






This morning I woke up to find my blog had over 60K views (that’s since I started blogging, not overnight!) My first thought was, “Really? That many people are interested in what I have to say?” Most of the time I forget that anyone other than my Mom (Hi Mom!) and the handful of people who leave a comment here and there (thank you!!) actually read my blog.

To be honest, my blog is a mess! It has no theme, no direction. When someone asks me what I blog about – my answer is usually “I don’t know... stuff.” I’m an author, so I blog about writing and books. I’m a mom, so I write about kids and family. I’m an accountant, so I write about ... yeah – I got nothing there. Other than my trusty Friday Five, I have no idea what or when I’ll be writing. I write in the moment – if the moment strikes – and you read it – or at least visit my page to skim it.

I blog because I love to write, because sometimes I need to get something off my chest, or because my kids do something that I don't want to forget about. I blog because in my busy household, sometimes it's the only way I can get a word in. I blog because I'm shy and it's easier to tell people things this way. I blog because I love reading the comments (leave them, I say!) I have plenty of typos, misplaced commas, and grammar mistakes (I'm a writer, not an editor!) But it doesn't matter - I blog because it makes me happy.

So thank you, readers, for taking the time to visit my blog. I hope you will be back to see what other writing/mothering/book stuff/chaos is going on in my brain and in my life. Without all of you, I’d just be talking to myself... and I do enough of that already!

For the latest book news, sign up for my newsletter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...