1. Party! May 1st was the official release day party for Nate Rocks the Boat. Thank you to all the wonderful readers who joined me in the celebration. We had a lot of fun. The games were a blast, and I loved that so many new friends were made! To all my winners – the prizes went out yesterday and should be arriving soon.
photo credit: Express Monorail via photo pin cc
2. Direction Infection. What? Exactly. In case you missed my blogpost earlier this week: my 11-year-old daughter is obsessed with the boy-band One Direction. Since I wrote the blog post on Sunday, things have gotten exponentially worse. She now refers to herself as a “Directioner” and even has my 5-year-old son singing the songs.The other day she begged me to tweet all of them to tell them she NEEDS to meet them all (which of course I did, because I'm a good mom like that.) ... Unfortunately, there does not seem to be a cure for the “Direction Infection.”
photo credit: British One Direction via photo pin cc
3. Brian Biggs. Have you heard of Brian Biggs? He is an author/illustrator, and I had the pleasure of meeting him on Wednesday when he visited my son’s elementary school. He gave a really great presentation. It was truly inspiring, and now I am thinking a Nate Rocks graphic compilation of all Nate’s adventures may be in my future.
4. Disney. We’re getting close to our trip! We (meaning my husband) have been plotting out our attack. My son is counting down the days, and I’m just trying to figure out how to get as many Disney characters as possible to pose with Nate Rocks for pictures.
5. Book News – Blog Tour! The Nate Rocks the Boat blog tour is officially underway with guest posts, reviews, and giveaways!! Here’s a list of this weeks posts. I know they’d love it if you stopped by to say hello – plus you could win a signed copy of Nate Rocks the Boat.
Review: Rute Canhoto
Guest Post: Mom Loves 2 Read
Review & Giveaway: Mom Loves 2 Read
Guest Post: Rute Canhoto
Review & Giveaway: 5 Minutes For Books
Review & Giveaway: Mom Does Reviews
Review & Excerpt: Everyday is An Adventure
Thanks to Mom Does Reviews who sent me this adorable picture of her son Justin, Age 9, with his e-reader:
I hope everyone has a great week! See you next Friday and hopefully sooner!