Friday, May 11, 2012

The Friday Five 5-11-12


photo credit: Manue@PrettyKiku via photo pin cc
Hi all – today marks the one-year anniversary of my Friday Five weekly post! It’s hard to believe that I have been doing the Friday Five for a year now – and I am proud to say, I have not missed a single Friday. So just for fun – I went back to that first Friday Five. The funny thing is that the 5 topics are completely relevant to my week this week as well! So I thought it would be cool to list the same topics, with updated info. Thank you to all who have been reading the Friday Five – in just one year, it has received 50,000 views!! Amazing!! Okay – here is my Friday Five from last year AND this year....

1. Chicks!

Last year: Last Friday, my son’s preschool class received an incubator with several eggs from a local farm. After much anticipation and care, the eggs hatched on Monday! Everyone was so excited to see the adorable fluffy chicks. My son was disappointed to learn he would not be bringing them home. His teacher was just glad that they were “a-l-i-v-e.” I learned that brown chicks are male. Talk about cute!!! Sadly, the chicks returned to the farm yesterday.

This year: Well – my son’s class once again has chicks! It’s true – they just started hatching this past week. Happy Birthday to the chicks from last year and this year!


3. Mac Obsessed.

Last year: Many of you have seen my rants on Facebook lately about my laptop. To make a long story short, I am on my 2nd laptop in 4 years and it is misbehaving terribly. It seemed like everywhere I turned, people were telling me to get a Mac. After many weeks of deliberations and drooling, my husband surprised me on Mother’s Day, by telling me it was time to go to the other side. I am now waiting for it to arrive. If anyone is interested in hearing about where I got an amazing deal, leave me a comment. Bye-bye disposable computers.

This year: Yes – I received my MacBookPro and I love, love, love it! Have I really had it for a year already? Did I mention I love it?

3. The Dentist.

Last year: Look, I have nothing against dentists, I just would prefer they finish the work they scheduled me for before they go and sell their practice! One root canal down and one crown waiting, I get the call that my dentist is no more. I still have to finish this crown; plus go for one more root canal, 3 more crowns and an extraction. Luckily, the new person takes my dental insurance, but that is all I know about him/her. Oh & for those who are wondering, I do take good care of my teeth! I’m just on RA meds that work against my efforts (and my pocketbook).

This year: Sadly, I still have more work to be done – two more crowns coming up in the next month. I feel very royal (& broke.)

4. Dance competitions.

Last year: Tonight, my daughter and I leave for her fourth & final dance competition of the year. It is a few hours away so we will be staying overnight. Her first performance is scheduled for 8:30 in the morning on Saturday (Ouch!) Did our parents do all this running around for us? Regardless, I am one proud mama to my uber talented daughter. Here’s wishing her and all the dancers from her studio good luck tomorrow!

This year: The dance competitions continue! In fact, she has her final competition for the year coming up on May 20th. All of the teams at her studio have been incredible this year. I am becoming a master at quick hair/costume/makeup changes, although I could still use a little bun making 101.

5. Editors and Designers, Oh My

Last year: After many MANY rounds of self-editing, I decided it was time to get serious with NATE ROCKS THE WORLD. So I asked, researched, surfed, did everything possible to find both an editor and cover designer who understood my goals, style, personality & most importantly – budget. Very exciting!!

This year: It’s hard to believe I was just getting ready to publish Nate Rocks the World this time last year! It really seems like so long ago now that Nate Rocks the Boat is here. It has been quite a journey, and I can’t believe all the amazing people I have met along the way. Since this is where I usually put book news, I want to once again thank those bloggers who hosted Nate Rocks the Boat during our Blog Tour – please visit their blogs if you get the chance – they rock!


photo credit: muffintinmom via photo pin cc
Rute Canhoto
Mom Loves 2 Read
5 Minutes For Books
Mom Does Reviews
Book Lovers' Paradise
Kids 'n Books
Krazy Book Lady
Ritesh Kala's Book Reviews
Stacey Rourke  
Lissette A. Manning...The Random Musings Of A Writer
AuthorMelissa Luznicky Garrett
So I'm Fifty


So what do you think? Should I continue with the Friday Five? Leave me a comment and let me know. Thanks as always for stopping by!

Xo
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

For the latest book news, sign up for my newsletter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...