Monday, April 23, 2012

My Daughter's Review of The Boy in the Striped Pajamas

It's time for another review by my daughter, Sarah.. You may remember that she is trying to win a Kindle Fire for herself. Thanks to Alan Tucker, author of the Mother-Earth Series for sponsoring the contest that is getting teens to write and review books (at least it is getting my 11-year-old to write and review books!!)

The contest ends April 30 - the question is ... will she keep it up? I'm hoping the answer is YES!

Now on to her review...

The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne

The Boy in the Striped Pajamas is about a boy named Bruno. His dad is a soldier in the Holocaust. One day, Bruno is walking - he sees a boy. But there is a problem. The boy is on the other side of the fence, and he is not allowed out. Bruno does not understand why. He becomes friends with the boy and wishes he were also on the other side of the fence so he could be with his new friend.

The Boy in the Striped Pajamas is an amazing book. It shows a very strong friendship. I could not imagine being in that situation. I've read many Holocaust books and this was one of the best. Anyone 11 and up should read it. It will blow you away.


Thanks, Sarah & good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

For the latest book news, sign up for my newsletter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...