Friday, April 27, 2012

The Friday Five 4.27.12

Hey all. This was one busy and emotional week. Some good – some not so good, but it all seems to be working out in the end... so lets get right to it!

1. Visitor. The week started out really nice actually. A friend of ours from Iowa, came for a lovely, but short visit, last Friday. We provided cheesesteaks, she brought ice cream (no not all the way from Iowa.) We had a fun time!

2. Spring? Seriously – what happened? The heat has been back on all week. I think it’s because my seedlings are now ready to go into the garden. Cold and wet and rainy and yuk. Some areas even had snow. We (thankfully) were not one of them. Um – excuse me spring? Feel free to come back now. Thanks.


photo credit: OliBac via photo pin cc


3. Good News/Bad News. This was a difficult and stressful week for me. The short of it is that I went in for a biopsy on Wednesday – I received the call today that everything is okay - thank goodness. It’s really not a roller coaster (or procedure) I ever want to repeat. Feeling very grateful today – for everything.

4. The Silver Lining. While in bed recovering on Wednesday, a friend of mine texted me the following photo! I had no idea the store put that up. Way to put a smile on my face!! In case you are wondering, that’s the Barnes and Noble in Jenkintown, PA. I think you should all come!!!




5. Book News. Well in case you haven’t heard the news, the official Nate Rocks the Boat release party/scavenger hunt is on May 1st on my Facebook Author Page – there will be lots of games and prizes - books, sketchpads, key chains, and other Nate Rocks swag– starting at 10:00am EST. But – you don’t have to wait until May 1st to get started! There is a photo contest going on right now!! All you have to do is take a picture of the cover of your copy of Nate Rocks the Boat (either the print or digital version) in a creative way (think summer camp theme) and send it to me. We’ll pick a winner on May 1st. Up for grabs is a signed Nate Rocks tote bag and a $10 Amazon Gift Card. Don't have a copy yet? It's now available on Amazon and Barnes & Noble! I hope everyone stops by!


May 1st also kicks off the Nate Rocks the Boat Blog Tour!! To see the line up of all the AMAZING participating bloggers, visit my website:  www.karentoz.com


I hope everyone has a great week! See you next Friday and hopefully sooner!

xo
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

For the latest book news, sign up for my newsletter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...