Friday, April 13, 2012

The Friday Five 4-13-12




It’s Friday the 13th! Are you superstitious? I am about some things, but Friday the 13th doesn't bother me. Just as long as I don't run into any mask wearing kid named Jason... anyway - here's what's been going on in my week...

1. Happy Holidays! I hope that all who celebrate had a very nice Passover and Easter. We celebrate Passover - it was quiet this year. My family usually gets together, but my brother and his family moved out of state and with tax season and other things going on, we just couldn't make the drive. Still it was very nice (& mellow.) My husband's family celebrates Easter, so on Sunday we visited with his family. All in all, it was a very nice weekend.


photo credit: paurian via photo pin cc

photo credit: Sister72 via photo pin cc



2. Tax Season. We’re in the home stretch now – this is the last Friday of tax season! Someone recently asked me how I was holding up. My response was that my brain feels like fried mush – this last week has been c-r-a-z-y. Here is my tax tip of the week: Open your mail! Just because it says tax document on it, doesn't mean you shouldn't open it before giving it to your accountant. It may be time sensitive (or even better - a check!) I know it’s late in the season, so remember that one for next year... and don’t forget to be extra nice to your accountant this week. :)

3. National Library Week. In addition to the last full week of tax season, it is also National Library Week! I had a great time celebrating with the kids at The William Longstreth School in Philadelphia. Thank you to WePAC (West Philadelphia Alliance for Children) for inviting me! You can read all about it and see some more pictures in yesterday's blog post.




4. Disney. We’re gearing up for our big trip. This week, thanks to some recommendations from friends, we bought “The Unofficial Guide to Disney,” watched the Disney DVD that we received, and made reservations for a character lunch with Handy Manny. We’re just a tinsy bit excited here!


5. Book News. Thanks to my amazing designer, Deana Riddle, at Bookstarter.com, the cover and interior for Nate Rocks the Boat are done! I’m just waiting for the proof back from the printer to give the final okay and then we go into production just in time for the May1st release of Nate Rocks the Boat! Are you interested in learning more about Nate? He’s going to be interviewed this coming week on the World Literary Cafe. Stop by and say hello!


I hope everyone has a great week! Leave me a comment and let me know what's in your Friday Five this week. I'll see you next Friday and hopefully sooner!

xo
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

For the latest book news, sign up for my newsletter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...