Friday, March 23, 2012

The Friday Five: 3/23/12


It's Spring finally! It has been feeling like spring here for a couple of weeks now (thank you groundhog.) I hate to sound pessimistic, but in the back of my head, I feel like we still have a blizzard coming. The only other major snowstorm we’ve had this season was back on October, so it wouldn’t surprise me at all... I hope I’m wrong! On to the Friday Five:

1. Baseball. With spring, comes baseball. My youngest is starting t-ball and my oldest is playing 1st base for his middle school team. I foresee many stinky socks in my future! Oh well – Here's hoping they both have great seasons! Play Ball!


photo credit: StuSeeger via photo pin cc


2. Birthday! A shout out to my Dad to wish him a very happy birthday! My parents live in another state, and we don’t get to see them as often as we’d like, but they are driving home from a vacation they took and passing right by my house this weekend (well once they get off the highway, drive about 15 miles and make a bunch of turns) and so we’ll get to celebrate with him (and see my mom) on Sunday. Looking forward to a nice visit.

3. Tax Season. Last time, I talked about the lull... well the lull is officially over! Did you know you have until the 17th this year to get your federal taxes filed here in the U.S.? 25 more days people!! (But who’s counting?) Tax tip of the week: Be patient with your accountant... and kind. Oh & feel free to drop off treats to her/his office... just saying :)


photo credit: Adam Norwood via photo pin cc

4. Disney. Yes – more Disney talk – you better get used to it! Originally we planned to keep our trip a secret from our 5 year old until the morning of our trip. But, let’s face it – my husband & I suck at keeping secrets, so we told him. Boy was he excited!!! Not only that, but who knew that the threat of not going to Disney, worked even better on a 5 year old than the threat of calling Santa!

5. Book News. Thank you to all who participated in the Win with E-books Promotion. If you missed out, there will be lots more in the next couple of months, in preparation for the release of Nate Rocks the Boat. I've been going over the proof of Nate Rocks the Boat this week, and it's looking good! May 1st will be here before we know it! I'm especially excited because I just found out I will be appearing at the Barnes & Noble in Jenkintown, PA on May 26th. I'll have lots of copies of both books available. I'm also looking forward to Library Week - on April 11th, I'll be visiting 2nd and 4th grade classes at the William Longstreth School in Philadelphia. Then it's back to cyber space for the Nate Rocks the Boat blog tour starting May 1st.

I hope everyone has a great week! Drop me a comment and let me know what's in your Friday Five. I'll see you next Friday and hopefully soon!

xo

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

For the latest book news, sign up for my newsletter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...