Friday, March 9, 2012

The Friday Five 3-9-12

Hi all... It's one week closer to spring!! I hope everyone has had a wonderful week - here's what's been going on in my little world...





photo credit: TheeErin via photo pin cc
1. MRI. As many of you know, I battle with Rheumatoid Arthritis on a daily basis. I say battle, because it truly is a fight. I never know what the 'chosen' body part will be until I wake up. Lately, I have been having a lot of trouble with my neck. So, in order to see exactly what was going on, my doctor sent me for an MRI. I've had my share of them over the years. Now I know there are a lot of people who hate this test - that whole being closed up in a loud tunnel for 45 minutes doesn't sound appealing. But I have to admit, noise and all, I find the test relaxing. I even nodded off. Maybe it's having 45 minutes of being completely unplugged - no laptop, no phone, no clients, no kids...zzzzzz. Hopefully my results will be just as pleasing.

2. Car Repairs. There's nothing I hate more than sitting around waiting for my car to get fixed (Okay, well, maybe there is plenty I hate more, but sitting around a hot, stinky, crowded waiting room ranks high on my list.) I have a minivan with electronic sliding doors. One of the switches on one of the doors stopped working. Now granted, the kids can still open and close the doors just fine manually, and the key fob still works, but since I paid extra for electric doors, I figured I'd get it fixed - especially since it's under warranty. So I had them order the part, made the appointment, and was told it would take about 45 minutes. Easy right? Well after an hour of waiting, the service guy comes out to tell me that they ordered the wrong part, and I'd have to come back. Not quite as relaxing of an hour as the MRI! Oh and did I mention it's tax season? Speaking of...

3. Tax Season: Here in the U.S. there are just 39 more days of tax season left! Our office was pretty busy the last few weeks, but now we are in a lull with a LOT of clients still waiting to bring their stuff in. Tax tip of the week: Don't wait until the last minute to get your information in to your accountant... pretty please with sugar on top...




4. NRTB. I'm thinking that with more than one book on the horizon, I may have to split my book news into two parts - here's what's going on with Nate Rocks the Boat: I officially have a back of the book summary! For those who have been wondering what book two is about... here you go!


The Adventure Continues...


With fourth grade finally winding down, 10-year-old Nathan Rockledge is looking forward to a fun and relaxing summer at home with his friends. That is, until his mom decides he has to go to overnight camp with his annoying older sister. When his best friend Tommy decides to tag along, Nathan thinks maybe his summer won’t actually be so bad. After all, he does get to be away from his mom's awful cooking for an entire six weeks.


Amongst Color War competitions, a flaky counselor, and a bully named "No-Neck,” Nathan turns to his trusty sketchpad, transforming himself into Nate Rocks: 10-year-old extraordinaire. His speedboat ready for action, Nate saves the day time and again from the perils of floods, snakes, ghosts, and even the most wanted criminals.


Join Nathan, Tommy, Abby, and a whole new cast of characters as Nate Rocks once again proves nothing can hold him back.


5. NRTW. It’s time for another fun contest! Once again, Nate Rocks the World is joining up with Win With E-Books for another great giveaway. This time there are 18 ebooks in all different genres participating – all priced at $0.99. Buy on e-book – get one of your choice for free! It’s a great time to load up your e-reader! Plus, you can enter to win one of several Amazon gift cards! There are lots of ways to enter. All the details are on the Win With E-Books website – contest starts next week!







Win With eBooks



I hope everyone has a great week! See you next Friday and hopefully sooner.

Xo
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

For the latest book news, sign up for my newsletter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...