Friday, March 30, 2012

The Friday Five 3-20-12

Hi all! What's everyone up to? Between tax season, our upcoming Disney trip, and the release of the next Nate Rocks books, I feel like I'm just hanging out counting down the days... Here's what else I've been up to:

1. Sorry! For anyone living here in the northeast , I take full responsibility. I went on and on about the gorgeous spring weather and the mild winter and BAM .. It was back to 28 degrees this week. My bad. I promise not to mention the nice weather again (not really.)


photo credit: knitting iris via photo pin cc


2. Dance. It's another competition weekend for my daughter and her dance teams. I know she is looking forward to getting back on stage, and I'm looking forward to seeing her, but I'm not looking forward to having 4 (yep f-o-u-r) minutes to help with her costume/hair/makeup changes between routines. Wish her (me) luck!


photo credit: wwarby via photo pin cc



3.  Tax season. Are you ready for the official countdown? 18 days left here in the U.S. (sorry my Canadian accountant friends, you still have a couple more weeks after that.) Here is your tax tip of the week... Diapers, wipes, & baby food are not deductible for that sweet new bundle. Bummer, I know.

4. Star of the Week. My kindergartener was chosen as the star of the week in his classroom. It's a big deal in the kindergarten world. Besides helping to decorate his very own star, he got to chose a different item everyday to bring in for show and tell every day.  His line-up: the double-engine train, his stuffed dog (aka Super Dog), Red Power Ranger, the coveted Soccer Trophy, and the best for last - his Phillies Bobble Head. Good choices don't you think?

5. Book News. THIRTY-ONE DAYS!!! We are just about to the one month countdown for the release of Nate Rocks the Boat! I'm so excited. I'm even more excited that I'm starting to get some early reviews including a 5 star rating from book reviewer Ritesh Kala on Goodreads! Speaking of reviews, Book 1: Nate Rocks the World is still getting rave reviews. Readers Favorite just gave Nate Rocks the World 5 Stars from three of their reviewers - here's a little of what they said:

"A great book that I wouldn't hesitate to recommend to anyone. On a scale of one to five I would give this book a six because it's just that good.'"- Brenda C. 

“Karen Pokras Toz truly writes a masterpiece on paper with Nate Rocks. This book is one that children will definitely want to read and not put down." -Rita V. 

“This book is right up there with “Middle School: Worst Years of My Life” and “Diary of a Wimpy Kid.” I very much enjoyed both books but think both authors better keep an eye on MS Toz, she is their competition. Please MS Toz more Nate!” -Anne B. 





Thanks Readers Favorite!

I hope everyone has a great has a great week! Leave a comment and let me know what's in your Friday Five. See you next Friday and hopefully sooner!

xo
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

For the latest book news, sign up for my newsletter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...