Friday, March 2, 2012

The Friday Five 3-2-12

March? Where did you come from? And where did February go? Are you feeling the same way or is it just me?  Anyway - how's your week been? Here's what's going on here:


1. Disney. It looks like we are FINALLY going to Disney World this year. I’m so excited! I haven’t been there since I was in first grade... a long.... long....long....long....time ago (before Epcot even!) We are going the week of Mother’s Day. My five year old doesn’t know yet.


2. New Book! My publishing company, Grand Daisy Press, released a new book this week! Available on Kindle only for just $2.99: Julia’s Song by Elyse Pierce... here’s the lowdown:

Have you ever wondered what life would be like if you were to suddenly become famous? Could you handle life in the spotlight? Julia Alexander is a quiet girl from a small town. When she meets the love of her life, she is unaware of just how drastically her life is about to change. Suddenly thrown into the limelight, her life is no longer her own. Relentlessly followed by the paparazzi, Julia is forced to make tough decisions about fame, love, and relationships. Just how much would she be willing to sacrifice to regain her privacy? Is reclaiming her life even possible, or is it too late?



3. Man Cave. In case you missed my Wordless Wednesday this week and/or my blog post about my impending man cave... here’s an update. The renovation part of the man cave room is finished. My desk (yes that’s right – I have been allocated a corner of said man cave for my home office) is all set up, and I offically have a place to put all my writing *stuff.* My husband has the other corner – can you tell whose is whose? The daybed is now in place as well (yes – we have a daybed in the now former mancave.) Here’s an updated shot (pay no attention to the soon to be replaced ugly blinds)...


All that is left to purchase and set up is the tv and leather recliner for my husband’s “man section” of the office/guest room. Sorry honey!



4. Library Week. I received an email this week from the director of the West Philadelphia Alliance for Children (WePAC) asking me to participate in their Library Week celebration. Sadly, many school libraries in depressed neighborhoods have been shut down due to funding issues. WePAC promotes literacy by helping to re-open these libraries through the help of volunteers and donors. It is an amazing organization. I’m so looking forward to meeting all the children as well as feeling incredibly honored and humbled.


5. Book News. I’m in the final edits of Nate Rocks the Boat! I’m so excited – we are less than two months away from its official release of May 1st! For those who are part of my blog tour, the ARC Kindle version should be ready early next week. Also this month I’m participating in a buy one get one ebook promotion for Nate Rocks the World that should be a lot of fun with a great variety of books and authors. Stay tuned for more details.


I hope everyone has a great week! See you next Friday and hopefully sooner!

xo
Karen


No comments:

Post a Comment

For the latest book news, sign up for my newsletter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...