Friday, March 16, 2012

The Friday Five 3-16-12 #Winwithebooks Edition!

Hi all - we're half way through March already! This week I thought I'd start with a chance for everyone to get free books on their Kindle as well as a chance at some Amazon Gift Cards... sounds pretty good right? So lets get right to this week's Friday Five!



1. Free Books! Who wants a free book? You do? How about an Amazon gift card to go along with it? Good news! Myself along with 17 other authors are ready to give away free e-books and gift cards as part of the Win With E-books March promotion. Every time you buy one of the participating e-books, you get a second (participating) e-book of your choice for FREE! Not only that, you get entered to win one of several Amazon gift cards. Oh & did I mention all of the books are only $0.99? Sounds like a good deal to me ... just sayin!





2. Birthday Parties. There is this place that all little kids seem to gravitate to. Without naming names, it is overly loud, and bright. Your kids can go there, play games, eat pizza, and get sugared up. You know the place – the one with the purple mouse as its mascot. I’ll give you a hint – it starts with Chuckie and ends with Cheese. I don’t want to brag, but for fourteen years (minus one drop off birthday party) I managed to avoid this place. Call me a bad mom, but my children do not seem traumatized by this area of neglect one bit. I don’t know how it happened, but this past month I found myself there not once but twice! Birthday parties my five year old was invited to. As soon as I walked in the door and heard the bells and sounds of coins dropping, I thought, - this place is like Vegas for little kids! I hid in the corner while my five year old played. Of course he loved it ... So much so, he has declared he wants his next birthday party there as well. Just when I thought I had everything under control....



3. Allergies. For the past few weeks, I’ve been going on (&on) about this beautiful weather we’ve been having, and how I just LOVE this early spring so much. Well, I take it back – sort of – I always seem to forget that with spring comes allergies, and boy did they hit me hard! Now I’m not saying I wish it were still winter – oh no – I’ll gladly keep pockets of tissues handy in place of cold weather. I just wish this part of spring would speed up ever so slightly.

4. This and That. Honestly, this week was more a collection of a lot of little things – such as – my oldest is trying to decide if he wants to do baseball or track this spring, we’re still working out camp plans for the kids, I’ve started writing a Nate Rocks “short” ... more on that another week ... doctor appointments, tax work, and you know all that other *stuff* that seems to take an enormous chunk out of each week. This was definitely a busier than normal week, that is for sure!


5. Book News. Hey what’s everyone doing today? If you’re around at 12:30pm EST, tune into Blog Talk Radio’s Alchemy of Scrawl with Coral Russell. I’m her guest today. We’ll be talking about Nate Rocks and Win with E-Books! Are you getting excited for the release of Nate Rocks the Boat? I have a countdown ticker on my website now – check it out! Ps – 45 more days!

I hope everyone has a great week! Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to leave a comment and tell me what's in your Friday Five! See you next Friday and hopefully sooner.

xo
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

For the latest book news, sign up for my newsletter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...