Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The Lost and (Never) Found


photo credit: waltarrrrr via photo pin cc


I walked into my five year old's school yesterday morning to see a pile of clothing in the lost and found that was taller than he was. I know I shouldn’t be jinxing myself, but he has yet to lose anything. Not a hat or scarf or even a mitten this winter. Come to think of it, he didn’t lose anything last winter either.

Don’t get too jealous – my two older children have more than made up for my youngest child’s bizarre (and I mean that in a good and loving way) ability to keep track of his things.

Here is a list of things belonging to my two older children that haven’t made it back home over the years (some as recently as last month):

Dance shoes
Socks
More gloves, hats, and scarves than I am able to recall
A bookbag – yes full of books and notebooks
An iphone (ouch)
Homework folders (shocking)
Umbrella
Umbrella
Umbrella...
Winter coat
Flash drives
Sweatshirts
A shoe (yes just one)
Water bottles
Gym shorts
Lunch Box/Bags
And the list goes on...

Judging by the pile I recently walked by in the school, I’m guessing I’m not the only one with forgetful children. One out of three isn’t bad I guess.

************




No comments:

Post a Comment

For the latest book news, sign up for my newsletter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...