Friday, February 10, 2012

The Friday Five 2-10-12

Hi all - how’s everyone doing? I just noticed there are now over 200 followers, and I have had over 40,000 page views! Sometimes I forget that anyone actually reads my ramblings! With a household of five people, this is often the only place I can get a word in.If you've made it this far - thank you for being here!! Now on to my crazy week...


photo credit: marcp_dmoz via photo pin cc
1. Super Bowl. I’m not really a football fan – well not at all actually, unless my son is playing and even then I don’t really understand what is happening. I pretty much just sit in the stands and pray he doesn’t get hurt. Anyway... this year, our hometown team didn’t make it into the Super Bowl. I don’t think anyone was surprised by that. Even so, the Super Bowl did have something going for it – even for us non-football loving folks. It gave us an excuse to get together with friends. Plus there were the ads (thank you David Beckham.)

2. Renovations. We’re in the final stretch! Family room carpet went down this week. Paint disaster has been fixed. Office carpet will hopefully get installed today and miscellaneous other punch list items are moving along ... and ... drum roll – we are expecting a furniture delivery today! We still have to pick out the rest of the office furniture, but I will be so happy to have a usable family room once again – not to mention having my calm peaceful living room back. Have I mentioned it looks like a day care exploded in there?

3. Tax Season. Is it April yet? No seriously, I really enjoy doing taxes. It’s a sickness, I know. I’m back to work three days a week now, and the clients are coming in fast and furious (actually so far they are quite pleasant.) In case you were wondering, 67 days left until tax season is over. My tax tip of the week: you do not need to label each form for your accountant with a sticky – they know what the forms are (& if they don’t you need a new accountant.)



4. Dance Competition. My daughter has been texting me all week from her bedroom when she wakes up – 7 more days, 6 more days, 5 more days... you get the idea. We’ve had costume fittings, makeup run thru’s, hair 101 (I’m still completely incompetent, but the other moms assure me they will come to my rescue) – oh & they’ve practiced their dance over and over. Tomorrow is the big day. Good luck to all the Zero Gravity teams!

5. Book News. Hey what are you all doing today at 1:00pm? I’ll be on BlogTalk Radio with Nanci Arvizu of Page Reader talking all things Nate Rocks! Speaking of Nate – Nate was interviewed twice this week! That’s right, it was my main character’s chance to be in the hot seat for once. Read what my quirky 10 year old had to say on Book Bags and Cat Naps and on Ritesh Kala’s Reviews (and read his 5 star review of Nate Rocks the World while you are there.) Don’t forget about about the give away on I am a Reader Not a Writer for your chance to win a copy of Nate Rocks the World until Feb 22. Oh and speaking of giveaways, did I mention you could win a Kindle Fire? How about a $200 Amazon Gift Card? Yup – it’s true – and there is no purchase necessary. Although if you choose to purchase my book, I will be so grateful (and you get extra entries)... for all the details, visit www.winwithebooks.com Good Luck!





I hope everyone has a great week! See you next Friday and hopefully sooner.

Xo
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

For the latest book news, sign up for my newsletter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...