Friday, January 20, 2012

The Friday Five – 1/20/12


Happy Friday! I hope every one had a great week. It’s been busy as usual here (will I ever get a quiet week?) Here’s what’s been going on in my little corner of the world:

1. Again. I hate to start of the week with that S-word, but yes – we still have sick people in our house! Will this ever end? Just when I think I’m feeling better, I get it all over again, and this cough is driving me crazy! On Tuesday, my daughter missed school and then my little guy started coughing and sneezing again. Last night my husband said he felt like he was getting it again. Will this ever go away??

2. MLK Day of Service. As most of you know, Monday was Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. Instead of using it as a day off – we (myself and my five year old) used it as a day to learn and give back to others. Thank you to our elementary school for organizing such a fun and fulfilling event. We spent the morning making booklets and cards, packing food care packages, and organizing donated clothes and bags, all to be dropped off at various organizations in the area. We ended the program with a very poignant presentation by some of the students as well as a speech by a grandparent of a student who was one of the organizers of the Dr. King’s March.

3. Dentist. New Year New Teeth? Sort of. One new crown, one temporary crown (to hopefully be replaced soon ... long story) and one empty wallet. I'm feeling so not royal. Getting old sure is fun!

4. Renovations. ...And the hammering continues! This week we (meaning the contractors) made some great progress. All of the drywall is up, all holes are patched (yay), and the new recessed lighting is working in both the family room and office. We (my husband and I) agreed on furniture purchases, paint color, and flooring for both rooms as well as the countertop for the family room built in cabinets. Phew! Painter starts Monday.


5. Book News. Well... I have exciting news: Nate Rocks the Boat officially has a book cover!! I love it and I hope you will to! Want to see it? Come back during the week for the big reveal (don’t you love when I do that?) As for Nate Rocks the World... it is still going strong on the Kindle top 100 list for children's books for boys. I've had some fun blog hopping this week. Thank you to From The TBR Pile and Second Bookshelf on the Right for letting me take over their blogs during the week. Visit their blogs to read about my inspirations in writing.  I also gave my website a little makeover (including the addition of some cute new readers...) what do you think?

I hope everyone has a great week. Leave me a comment and let me know your Friday Five. I’ll see you next Friday and hopefully sooner.

Xo
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

For the latest book news, sign up for my newsletter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...