Friday, January 6, 2012

The Friday Five: 1-6-12

It’s the first Friday Five of 2012!! I hope you all have had a great week - - Anyone make any resolutions? I have the usual – eating better, exercising, and writing! So far, I’ve gotten in some writing (oh well – one out of three isn’t bad right?) Here’s what else has been going on this week:




1. Happy New Year! A normal New Years Eve for me consists of take out food with my family and falling asleep on the sofa before the ball drops. This year however, we went to not one, but two parties. The first was a 'toddler new year's eve party.' It started in the afternoon and at 5:59pm we all began the countdown to *New Year* (aka 6:00pm toddler time.) There were strobe lights, noise makers, the works - It was a lot of fun for all. After that, we stopped by a friend's house to celebrate. Good friends, good food, and plenty of fun. We had all the kids with us, so we did not stay out until midnight, but I am happy to report I stayed awake to actually see the ball drop this year! I think that's a sign - it's going to be a great 2012 for all of us!



2. Best Seller! I know, I know – I usually wait until the end to talk about book news, but this is just so dang exciting! On Saturday, Nate Rocks the World broke into Amazon’s top 10 list for children’s ebooks for boys (I know!) I even snuck ahead of Beiber for a few hours. Go Nate!



3. The Cleanup. I wrote about The Holiday Hangover, but I have to say, this year went pretty smoothly. We are getting ready to start some renovations, so we needed to clear out our family room. That meant cleaning up the living room, since the contents of the family room had to move to the living room. (confused?) That meant bye-bye all the holiday stuff. We (meaning mostly my hubby) managed to clear everything out in just a few hours. A lot different than last year when things hung around until February! Of course, now my living room is a mess with other stuff...

4. Back to School. Sorry kids, while the rest of the country was enjoying a federal holiday on Monday, your school decided to open. 6:00 am was p-a-i-n-f-u-l! But, you’ll be thanking them in the spring when you get out a day early. It's been a bit rocky getting back into the swing of things, but everyone survived their first week back relatively unscathed.



5. Book News.  First off, I have super exciting news! I finished writing the first draft of Nate Rocks the Boat  - the next book in the Nate Rocks series. I'm hoping (crossing everything my arthritic body will allow me to cross) to have a spring release. For those who would like to support this endeavor, I have started a Kickstarter Campaign. As for Nate Rocks the World,  I'd like to thank Pixel of Ink - Young Reader Edition and The Cheap for highlighting my book this past week. I'd also like to thank Rute Canhoto for having me on her blog - check it out for my first ever bilingual review and interview! Also - stop by Books 4 Tomorrow on Sunday January 8th to read a post I wrote about the reluctant reader.

Hope everyone has a great weekend – thanks for checking in. Leave me a comment and let me know what’s in your Friday Five. See you next Friday... and hopefully sooner!

xo
Karen


No comments:

Post a Comment

For the latest book news, sign up for my newsletter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...