Friday, January 27, 2012

The Friday Five 1-27-12

Hi all - how is it possible it is Friday already? I know for most people the week drags, but for me they seem to fly by. Here’s what’s been going on with me this week:

1. Snow! We finally had our first snowfall of the winter (the one in October doesn’t count since that was technically still fall.) We only received a few inches and it is already gone, but it was still nice to see (from inside the warmth of my house.) Spring – feel free to begin at any time now!

2. Renovations. Yes still! This week we saw real progress made – especially in the family room. See for yourself! Of course I could have done without the painters coming at 6:45in the morning, but they got the job done, so it’s all good. Still to come... carpet & furniture:

Our 70's Brady Bunch Family Room

Goodbye panelling & brick ... hello brightness!

3. Book Cover! I know, I keep sneaking book news up on the list, but this is huge! My awesome cover designer Deana Riddle from Book Starter did it again! In case you haven’t seen it yet – here it is! The manuscript for Nate Rocks the Boat is officially with my editor. I’m hoping for a May 1st release date.


4. Work. For those who do not know, in addition to writing, I also work as an accountant during tax season. Today is my official day back. Yes – it is that time of year again. Get ready for some tax talk.

5. Book News. This past week, I was invited to a local elementary school to be interviewed by their afterschool writing group. It was so much fun! After the interview, the children drew their own cartoons and made up their own stories based on Nate Rocks the World. You can see all of their awesome drawings on my website as well as some new readers from A Step Ahead Tutoring in Massachusetts. Also – check out the following blogs who so graciously hosted me on their blogs this past week:

Second Bookshelf
This Is From My Heart
Book Lovers Paradise
I Am A Reader Not A Writer (be sure to enter their contest to win a copy of Nate Rocks the World through Feb 22!)

I hope everyone has a great week! I’ll see you next Friday and hopefully sooner.

Xo
Karen



No comments:

Post a Comment

For the latest book news, sign up for my newsletter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...