Friday, January 13, 2012

The Friday Five 1-13-12

It’s Friday the 13th! I hope everyone has had a great week... it’s been a bit long for me. Here’s what’s been going on here...

1. Sickness. I really hope this isn’t going to be a weekly feature on the Friday Five, but here we go again! It started last Friday with a call from school to pick up my oldest. He had the dreaded stomach virus that has been going around. I followed him around with Lysol for 2 days straight, and I think the rest of us have safely escaped this round. Instead, I wound up with bronchitis. My husband followed suit with a sinus infection. Fun times!


2. Construction. The contractors were supposed to show up at 8am on Monday. We are renovating our family room and our back bedroom (Yay! I’m finally getting an office!) They showed up at 7am – at least they showed up right? Contractors – meet my PJs...

3. Editing. Do you know what I hate worse than editing? Editing while sick with contractors banging away in the background! But, at some point the hammering and coughing all became white noise, and I actually got through the first draft of Nate Rocks the Boat. So far staying right on schedule!

4. Winter Sports. I’m personally not a fan, but I get it. My oldest is a snowboarder. Tonight is his first trip of the season. On Friday the 13th... nearly three years to the day after he broke both his arms going down the very same mountain. I’m allowed to be neurotic. I’m the mom. That’s what we do.


5. Book News. Thank you to Sarah Butland, Books 4 Tomorrow and D. Robert Pease for hosting me on their blogs this week. I also had the pleasure of having two great kids review Nate Rocks the World for me this week.  I love hearing from the kids. You can read their reviews at Alchemy of Scrawl and My Devotional Thoughts.

I also love getting pictures! This week I received a picture from David – who just turned 10 yesterday. If your child has enjoyed Nate Rocks the World – send me a picture of them reading and I’ll put them on my website!







I hope everyone has a great week! Leave me a comment below and let me know what's in your Friday Five. I'll see you all Friday and hopefully sooner!

xo
Karen

1 comment:

  1. I hope you all get well ASAP.
    P.S., I love your blog! :) I'll have to get "Nate" for my Kindergartener.

    ReplyDelete

For the latest book news, sign up for my newsletter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...