Sunday, December 11, 2011

Sample Sunday: Nate Rocks the World: Christmas Edition

Hi all ... this Sunday, I had originally planned to participate in another 'Six Sentence Sunday,' posting from Nate's Christmas adventure. However, I just could not decide which six I wanted - then I thought, why limit myself? Instead, I decided to do a 'Sample Sunday.'

In this sample, Nate discovers that he has a very important task at hand...

Enjoy & Happy Holidays!



********************



Everything around me is frozen. Bright white snow covers the ground, and there are icicles hanging from the trees. I look up at the large white and red striped pole standing next to me. I wipe the snow from the attached sign to read the words “North Pole.”

“It can’t be,” I say, twirling around. Behind me is a large house outlined in colorful lights. All of the house’s lights are on and smoke streams from its chimney. I shove my hands in my pockets to try to stay warm, trudging through the snow and up the walkway towards the front door.

A small little man wearing an outfit similar to the one I had on in the hospital is waiting at the front door and hurries me in. I look down at my own clothing – thank goodness – I’m back in my regular jeans.

“Finally!” He shouts, “What in the jack-in-the- box a’rosie took you so long, Nate?”

“The jack in the who?” I ask puzzled.

“Oh nevermind, nevermind. We have to hurry. The sled is already packed, and the reindeer are all waiting for you. We just have to get you changed.”

“Oh, please tell me I don’t have to wear another one of those goofy elf costumes again – er – I mean, it looks wonderful on you and all, but – uh – um,”

“Don’t be silly. You need to look like Santa of course! Lucky for us, Mrs. Claus kept some of Santa’s clothing from a few years past, when his belly wasn’t quite so jolly. You know how all those milk and cookies can be ... a minute on the lips, a lifetime on the hips!”

The elf starts rummaging through a mountain of Santa outfits. “Ah yes, here it is. This looks like it will fit you just fine.”

“Where should I get changed?” I look around for a spare room.

The elf reaches into his pocket and pulls out a handful of silver glittery powder. “I’ll take care of that,” he says, sprinkling the glitter over my head.

In the blink of an eye, my jeans and jacket are replaced with a red and white velvet suit. I hesitantly raise my hand up to my face to feel the moustache and beard.

“How did you ... ?” I ask.

“Why, it’s the magic of Christmas, of course. Now hurry up, there is no time to waste, the children are waiting,” the elf says, pushing me out the door.

********************

Want to know what happens next? Pick up a copy of Nate Rocks the World - available at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, & more! This holiday season give the child in your life the gift of reading!

********************

I'm officially on tour!


Please visit me today at:

No comments:

Post a Comment

For the latest book news, sign up for my newsletter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...